Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / IE problem / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

IE problem (5)

Posted: 03/20/2005 6:54:15 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi, I have a problem getting a header link to work in IE, it shows and works fine in ForeFox, anyone got any idea's

This is the code I'm using to display the top link "Forums" but have the same issue with forums. news and the links buttons as they all use similar code

<td width="94" height="47" colspan="2" <inp:m_module_link _Module="In-Bulletin" _Template="index" _Root="1" _image="space/hdr_bttn_05.jpg"/>
</td>

Website is: ClanFiles

[Edited By Clootie on 03/20/05 6:55:58 AM]

Posted: 03/21/2005 10:43:56 AM

Reply Quoted  

Clootie wrote:03/20/2005 6:54:15 AM
Hi, I have a problem getting a header link to work in IE, it shows and works fine in ForeFox, anyone got any idea's

This is the code I'm using to display the top link "Forums" but have the same issue with forums. news and the links buttons as they all use similar code

<td width="94" height="47" colspan="2" <inp:m_module_link _Module="In-Bulletin" _Template="index" _Root="1" _image="space/hdr_bttn_05.jpg"/>
</td>

Website is: ClanFiles

[Edited By Clootie on 03/20/05 6:55:58 AM]

Hello,

Make sure you have In-bulletin Root category properly defined under Admin->Modules & Settings->In-bulletin->General Settings section.

Thank you.

Posted: 03/21/2005 1:35:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

okay this is driving me mad now

I just can not get the code to work in Internet Explorer, in FireFox everything works fine.

Since I can't attach a file to a message (hint hint for next version)

Here is a link to download my pagetop template, the lines I'm having problems with start at line number 144 and if you view Clan Files these relate to "forums" , "News" and "Links"

I've checked the setting above you said to check and it's at Home>Forums

ClanFiles Pagetop download to review

If anyone can guide me to the correct method of linking that works in both IE and FireFox I'd be most

[Edited By Clootie on 03/21/05 1:36:05 PM]

Posted: 03/21/2005 2:39:23 PM

Reply Quoted  

Clootie wrote:03/21/2005 1:35:46 PM
okay this is driving me mad now

I just can not get the code to work in Internet Explorer, in FireFox everything works fine.

Since I can't attach a file to a message (hint hint for next version)

Here is a link to download my pagetop template, the lines I'm having problems with start at line number 144 and if you view Clan Files these relate to "forums" , "News" and "Links"

I've checked the setting above you said to check and it's at Home>Forums

ClanFiles Pagetop download to review

If anyone can guide me to the correct method of linking that works in both IE and FireFox I'd be most

[Edited By Clootie on 03/21/05 1:36:05 PM]

Hello again,

The tags look just about right, but you have some HTML problems on the page. I looked in source of the your page and there is a problem with not closed <TD> tags right by links In-bulletin, In-newz and In-link - need to close the opening TD tag with ">" and only then put:

<inp:m_module_link _Module="In-Bulletin&quot_Template="index&quot_Root="1&quot_image="space/hdr_bttn_05.jpg&quot/>

Currently, you have it as:

<td width="94&quotheight="47&quotcolspan="2" <inp:m_module_link _Module="In-Bulletin&quot_Template="index&quot_Root="1&quot_image="space/hdr_bttn_05.jpg"/>

Also noticed some other tag attribute was misspelled in the same template:

<inp:m_logout_link _Tenplate="index&quot_Category=0 />

Please be more careful next time and make sure to close all the opened tags.

Thank you.

Posted: 03/27/2005 1:46:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

okay I fixed this in the end, but not by using the <inp tags, as no matter how I did the html, it never showed correct in IE.

I've redone the header but this time the link buttons point to the url instead if inp tags.

www.clanfiles.net

Getting there - slowly

Dave