Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Some errors and incorrect html in template common/head.tpl / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Some errors and incorrect html in template common/head.tpl (5)

Posted: 12/19/2004 6:28:08 AM

Reply Quoted  

Might not all be important for functioning, but still.

In-portal default theme

common/head.tpl
line 1
Double doctype declaration
Should be:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">

line 7 - 8
<meta name="keywords" content="..." />
<meta name="description" content="..." />
Resulting pages show only these values ...
Not the keywords I entered in admin.

Line 11
<meta name="author" content="Intechnic Corporation." />
Should be the name of the webmaster

Line 20 - 21
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript" SRC="incs/sniffer2.js" type="text/javascript"></SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">

Tags should be lowercase in xhtml:
<script language="JavaScript" src="incs/sniffer2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script language="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">

Same for line 83, 129, 131, 133

Line 133
Type missing
<SCRIPT Languge="JavaScript1.2">
Should be:
<script languge="JavaScript1.2" type="text/javascript">

Posted: 12/20/2004 6:14:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

As I said in another post, we are planning to create a new theme. This one is really more of an example of different possibilites rather than a fully funcitoning site prototype. I realize that it's the only thing people have to work with... that's why we are going to make another theme.

Cheers

Posted: 12/22/2004 10:39:43 AM

Reply Quoted  

Pavel wrote:12/20/2004 6:14:29 PM
Hi,

As I said in another post, we are planning to create a new theme. This one is really more of an example of different possibilites rather than a fully funcitoning site prototype. I realize that it's the only thing people have to work with... that's why we are going to make another theme.

Cheers

I hope that doesn't mean that Intechnic won't continue to work on this template.

Theo

[Edited By Thpl on 12/23/04 7:21:56 AM]

Posted: 12/31/2004 1:07:10 AM

Reply Quoted  

To Intechnic,

I'm glad you realize a new theme is in order... HOWEVER, I do not see it as a high priority as this one works pretty well. I see no problems modifying it, but I do hope better documentation will be published. I see that as more of a priority than you all writing a full new theme. As a matter of fact, it may be a waste of time at this point.

Posted: 01/02/2005 5:20:13 PM

Reply Quoted  

can you please be more specific about the kind of documentation you are looking for?

How the tags work? Their attributes? The purpose of each template?