Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Language box / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Language box (4)

Posted: 12/19/2004 6:24:30 AM

Reply Quoted  

On the frontpage I can't hide the language chooser (Win IE6 and Mac Firefox). It gives javascript errors:
Error: moveSeg is not defined
Error: showSeg is not defined

Rollover shows: !li_close!

Posted: 12/21/2004 11:36:07 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi gerardr,

Could you give me a link to your installation? The language box seems to work fine on demo site and our working copies also.

Posted: 12/22/2004 4:22:39 PM

Reply Quoted  

It's in the directory of http://www.waddenweb.nl/dev

Gerard

Posted: 12/27/2004 5:21:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Gerard,

There is some problem with the code on your site. I don't know exactly how this could happen, but the source generated by your In-Portal installation differs from what is in the templates. May be you have some post-processing installed which 'corrects' or alter in some way the results generated by the scripts.

To see that in action load your website home page and click view source in your browser. Scroll to the line #128. You should see this:

125styStr += "}";
127styStr += ".last{position:absolute;visibility:hidden}";
128styStr += "
129: </style>

Notice the line break in line #128. The script there is taken from themes/default/common/head.tpl. But the same place in head.tpl looks like:

125styStr += "}";
127styStr += ".last{position:absolute;visibility:hidden}";
128styStr += "</STYLE>";
129document.write(styStr);

Notice NO line break in line #128 and the case of STYLE tag. Now compare that to the same at www.in-portal.net/demo (do a View Source there) - no line break, upper-case STYLE.

Since In-Portal itself does not convert the case of STYLE tag and does not insert any line-breaks, I suppose there is something in the middle between in-portal (PHP) and the browser which is causing this. Javascript complains about unterminated string, which is due to the line break in the code. I think all other javascript related problems are related to that one.