Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Languages customization and email events strings / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Languages customization and email events strings (13)

Posted: 11/24/2004 1:49:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

Ciao, things are quite strange with language import. I found out a couple of interesting things with a fresh up-to-date install:

1. As soon as I create a new language in the "regional" menu, there seem to be a few problems with the original english strings... they magically disappear, I get a few sql errors and I find the english strings moved to the new language I just created. Am I the only one with this bug?

2. The email events strings that seem to be allright in the english language pack do change to empty in the freshly created pack even if I try to copy all the strings from the default one. It seems to me the these kind of strings never have chances to get copied. Is that it?

Thanks for continuing the hard work,
Federico

Posted: 11/25/2004 12:14:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Federico,

I will test this on my version now and let you know if this is a bug.

Thank you.

Posted: 11/25/2004 12:26:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

Any fix for the above? I ran into the same problem today:

SELECT l.*,ELT(l.Enabled+1,'!la_Text_Disabled!','!la_Text_Enabled!') as Status FROM inp_Language as l

Error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''); ">!la_Text_Disabled!','

Posted: 11/25/2004 1:15:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello guys,

The first one with SQL errors is already fixed and patch will be available in next 1.0.7 release.

In regards of the second one, we still working on it.

Thank you.

Posted: 11/25/2004 1:51:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

kkk... thanks for your help. The worst is that I still need to wait a few to complete my italian translation of InPortal...

Posted: 11/25/2004 1:57:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

Though it seems that the new language pack was created, it does not shows in the dropdown menu (by the side where it says In Portal v 1.0.6) and only the tags (e.g. !la_tab_Site_Structure!, etc.) are shown, as if no language has been selected.

How do I fix this?

Posted: 11/25/2004 2:02:13 PM

Reply Quoted  

That was exactly one of the things I seen with mine. I think we'll just have to wait 'till the next x.x.7 version. I just hope it is coming soon.

Posted: 11/27/2004 1:57:53 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

yes it's coming soon, December 2nd. We already have the code fixed, but it's not a simple change in one file. It would be a lot easier to wait for the official update rather then patching the code manually.

Posted: 11/27/2004 4:21:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

That is definately what I was thinking of. Never asked to manually patch more then a couple of files... I even wonder if there's any chance to even have an automatic update feature!

Am I a bit too lazy?!? :wink:

Seriously: wouldn't that be a nice feature?? I mean.. maybe it is not on the top 5, but would be a nice help to keep everything in good shape.

My 2 cents,
Federico

Posted: 11/29/2004 11:41:01 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Federico,

This feature is actually on our list. There are possible difficulties with server permissions and security. I am not sure when it will be released.

Page:  1 2