Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / in-portal Language / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

in-portal Language (6)

Posted: 11/24/2004 9:23:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

I want to keep my site English. Every once in a while I see something like this pops in: !lu_lastpost!

Any ideas how I can go about fixing / debugging why that is happening?

Posted: 11/24/2004 9:35:06 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Cory,

Your site will stay in English as long as you like

The codes that you see (lu_lastpost, for example) are phrases missing from the English language. We are fixing them as we find them. But you don't have to wait for next releases. Simply edit the English regional pack, go to labels tab and add a phrase - "lu_lastpost", value "Last Post". Check the "frontend" option (all labels starting with lu_ are for the front end, and la_ for administrative console).

Posted: 11/24/2004 9:41:09 AM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks Pavel!

Yes that worked.

I did notice that my in Configuration-Regional the icon in front of my English Pack Name has a little blue circle with a yellow exclamation point on top of it.
Wasn't sure if that ment anything? Everything seems to be working though.

Posted: 11/24/2004 11:23:57 AM

Reply Quoted  

Cory,

The yellow exclamation means "primary". Primary language is the one that loads by default. If you have only one language, it's primary by definition.

Posted: 12/31/2004 1:09:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

Pavel wrote:11/24/2004 9:35:06 AM
Hello Cory,

Your site will stay in English as long as you like

The codes that you see (lu_lastpost, for example) are phrases missing from the English language. We are fixing them as we find them. But you don't have to wait for next releases. Simply edit the English regional pack, go to labels tab and add a phrase - "lu_lastpost", value "Last Post". Check the "frontend" option (all labels starting with lu_ are for the front end, and la_ for administrative console).
This is the very thing that should be documented. If it is, please direct me to it. Thank You.

Posted: 01/02/2005 5:08:14 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi laidbak,

The general idea of language packs is described in the chapter 4.2.6 of the manual.
The specifics about the prefix can be found in the chapter 5.2.5.3.4.2, or by clicking on the '?' icon in the top right of the screen (on the Label tab, Configuration->Regional edit reginal pack).

The manual comes with your distribution under /admin/help/manual.pdf and it is available on our web site under Support -> documentation http://www.in-portal.net/support/documentation.html.