Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Email problem / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Email problem (21)

Posted: 11/18/2004 4:02:48 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hy , somehow I recieve emails from In-portal both as a user and as admin without any text in the body. I tried the add link , modify link,suggest category,forget password etc.
Any help will be appreciated.

Codrin

Posted: 11/18/2004 8:28:37 AM

Reply Quoted  

Same here

Gerard

Posted: 11/18/2004 10:34:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

Is this in the default English language?

The bodies of all emails are stored under the Regional Package, 3rd tab. Try to find the event corresponding to a blank email and check what's in there.

Posted: 11/18/2004 5:32:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

Please try yourself by creating a new user account at www.waddenweb.nl/dev and suggesting a new topic or news category.
I did not change any lang files or mail settings. They seem ok.

Results for me are blank mails.

Gerard

Posted: 11/19/2004 3:23:42 AM

Reply Quoted  

Err... I have my english "email events" tab empty. Maybe this is the reason why it sends blank mails, isn't it? :-?

Posted: 11/19/2004 3:34:41 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Federico,

Is the list empty competely, or do you see all events, only when you edit them, there is no text?

(In our test installations, this works fine - it shows the list with pre-set english text for all events).

I'll look into this with our programmers.

Posted: 11/20/2004 2:58:40 AM

Reply Quoted  

The list is complete all events are there , also when you edit the text is in the field.

Posted: 11/20/2004 5:02:06 AM

Reply Quoted  

Uhmmm... I seen the reply when I just deleted the entire InPortal to install the new version. I hope to have chances to check later.

Thanks,
Federico

Posted: 11/20/2004 5:06:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

Codrin,
Do you know what your smtp server (MTA) is? (QMail, sendmail, Postfix)

Posted: 11/20/2004 5:40:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

No I don't know , how do I find out?

Page:  1 2 3