Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / New user can not register / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

New user can not register (12)

Posted: 11/13/2004 2:24:11 PM

Reply Quoted  

in-portal 1.05 all modules installed, fresh installation and database

When a new user tries to register the system responds: Missing or invalid values. Please check all the fields and try again.

Even when all fields are completed.

Posted: 11/14/2004 4:56:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Gerard,

I was able to successfully register at your site (see user 'intechnic_test', and please delete it).

The problem may be with user name and password field restrictions (minimum length). Unfortunately, we don't have a sepcific error message yet. You can change these minimum requirements under Community->General Settings.

Posted: 11/15/2004 2:57:11 AM

Reply Quoted  

This almost solves the problem. I changed both values to 3 and tried registering with 4 letter name. Still not accepted. With 7 letter name it works

Posted: 11/16/2004 11:53:04 AM

Reply Quoted  

Sorry, I cannot replicate this on our demo system. With a setting of 3/3 I can register any 4-letter user I want :-?

Could there be a problem with other values?

Posted: 11/16/2004 12:28:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

I just performed a clean install version 1.06

Still the same problem http://www.waddenweb.nl/dev

I put the values to 3 3

You have admin access

Posted: 11/16/2004 12:59:33 PM

Reply Quoted  

I don't see a password field on your registration form. With a missing password you are going to get this error :D

Posted: 11/16/2004 1:02:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

I see now, you have the assign password automatically option turned on. Let me try it with that option.

Posted: 11/16/2004 1:04:04 PM

Reply Quoted  

Could be the solution, I didn't choose that option in the previous installation.

Posted: 11/16/2004 1:10:39 PM

Reply Quoted  

Ok, this is a confirmed bug.

With "Automatic Password" option, the password fields are hidden, but the form still prcesses them as required.

Without "Automatic Password" option, everything works fine.

Posted: 11/16/2004 1:21:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

Correct

Page:  1 2