Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / In-link 3.05 import tool / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-link 3.05 import tool (5)

Posted: 11/13/2004 11:36:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

Fresh install, new database.
When I start importing from version 2 database it "hangs" after importing table users.
Result: Only users and toplevel categories imported, no links.

I will open a supportticket to give you access.

Gerard

Posted: 11/14/2004 4:52:42 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Gerard,

This is due to a missing Lost+Found category in your In-link2 database. The import is expecting it and crashes when it's not found. If you create that category the import will complete.

We are working on a fix,

Posted: 11/16/2004 6:19:39 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:19d49f117f="Pavel"]Hello Gerard,

This is due to a missing Lost+Found category in your In-link2 database. The import is expecting it and crashes when it's not found. If you create that category the import will complete.

We are working on a fix,[/quote:19d49f117f]

Hey Pavel,
I also experienced the same as Gerard (as found in this post http://support.intechnic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3461)
When using the .4 import it went very smoothly.
Then .5 (with fresh database and install upload) hangs at links. It imports the users and the categories then hangs at the links.

Did .4 not look for the Lost+Found category and now .5 is?
Is the fix that's coming in a new release going to look for Lost+Found, but if not "found" create it and then continue so it can finish as in .4?

Just curious because if the fix will "fix" the problem of adding additional categories to the importing database to make it work then I'll just wait till the next release with the fix in it and import then.

thanks,
Anthony

Posted: 11/16/2004 12:13:23 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Anthony,

The "fix" is a change in the code that does not abort the import when Lost+Found is not found. It just skips that category and moves happily on.
If you don't want to wait for the next maintenance release, you can just upload the /admin/import directory from 1.0.6 to your site. We fixed it there already.

It did not make into the official list of bug fixes, because 1.0.6 was primarily a security patch.

Posted: 11/17/2004 6:41:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

Pavel,
Thanks

It took me awhile to get some time to do this.

Fresh install / Fresh database w/INP .6 and the import script worked perfectly.

Anthony