Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Category count / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Category count (2)

Posted: 11/07/2004 9:05:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

This is not that big of a deal, but if you have In-Link and another module installed, are the categories correctly counted? On the demo I see that the directory says that there are 90 categories, but there are only 81. And no, I didn't count them all by hand

I think the 'home' directory of in-link is being counted as a category as well as all categories in the forums and articles. Add them all up and you get 90.

Is this correct? I can't replicate this on my site becasue I don't have the other modules yet.

Posted: 11/07/2004 9:43:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Yes, the "total categories" tag displays the total number of categories in the system - it counts the cateogires of other modules and the 'Home' categories too. Perhaps it's a little bit misleading to place it in the In-link section of the site.

Our idea of the default theme is to give our users an idea of what can be done and which In-tags should be used where. Everybody should feel free to modify them as they see fit.

Good luck,