Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Need Help! / Can't edit categories / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Can't edit categories (5)

Posted: 11/06/2004 4:10:31 PM

Reply Quoted  

It all looks very promising!

But when I am editing a link and click on the tab Categories I get a blank page in the same frame. I tried local fresh installation and registred installation online, both fresh and imported database.

Is the newsletter a module planned for the future? I can subscribe, but can I sent newsletters?

In My Account same question for "My friends". I don't see an option for adding someone.

Gerard

Posted: 11/07/2004 5:48:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

I also cannot edit or see anything about the categories. I have also found that when I attempt to go to page 2, 3, 4 etc of links, it only reloads the first 10 links. This is working with an import from inlink 2.32. I will try with no import and see what happens.

Posted: 11/07/2004 12:06:39 PM

Reply Quoted  

I see that in the demo you cannot go to page two of the links either.

Ok, now after trying again, I can get to the second or third page in the demo, but when I leave one category and go to another, it starts the links in the new category on whatever page I left from in the previous one. Example, I browse through category A till the 3rd page of links, then I go to category B, in this category the links start on page 3.

Posted: 11/08/2004 3:58:33 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello gerard,

1) I tested the Categories tab, and I cannot replicate this problem. Could you please open a ticket, and either give us access to your administrative console, or copy/paste the link from the tab?

2) A newsletter is already implemented, in a semi-manual mode. All subscribed users/visitors are placed in the "Subscribed" group. If you send a mass email to that group, you are effectively sending out a newsletter. More about this is in the manual.

3) "My Friends" option is currenly only used in In-bulletin. When you view someone's profile, you can add them to your "friends" list.

Posted: 11/08/2004 3:59:34 PM

Reply Quoted  

starchdoggy,

Thanks for the bug report. We have had this problem in the Admin, and it was fixed. I guess the error seeped into the front-end too.