Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Issue publishing my site on server / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Issue publishing my site on server (4)

Posted: 03/09/2012 9:28:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Guys,

I am trying to set up my first inportal site on Hostgator web hosting. I successfully have inportal running locally on my Windows 7 laptop. So what I tried to do to publish my site to the server is:
1. Copied (ftp) all my files up to the server
2. Took an export on my database and imported into new database on server
3. Updated the file \in-portal\system\config.php to use my server settings
4. I noticed in Windows all table names in the database were lower case, I renamed them into camel case on the server. Not sure if this is necessary but I found with other CMS's that is needed.

I tried the site but get this error:
Fatal Error: Include file for class CategoryHelper (/home/xxxx/public_html\core\units\helpers\category_helper.php) does not exists in /home/xxxx/public_html/core/kernel/utility/factory.php on line 223

I have the in-link module installed too.

Thanks,
Tim

Posted: 03/10/2012 1:49:18 PM

Reply Quoted  

I presume you have installed In-Portal into a sub-folder on Windows and in top folder on web-server where you uploaded it next.

If so, then you should delete all records from Cache (for In-Portal 5.1.x and below versions) / SystemCache (for In-Portal 5.2.x and above versions) database table.

Also make sure that "/system" folder (and all it's sub-folders) are writable by web server.

Also please check that all files were uploaded successfully by ftp.

Posted: 03/10/2012 4:24:14 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks Alex, for your response.

I am using version 5.1.3. The ftp of files worked correctly. And I have now tried clearing all files and folders from System / Cache. I have checked that write permission is on all these folders. I now get a different error:

Fatal Error: Saving compiled template failed in /home/xxxx/public_html/core/kernel/nparser/template_cache.php on line 232

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Tim

Posted: 09/29/2012 5:21:47 AM

Reply Quoted  

timN wrote:03/10/2012 4:24:14 PM
Thanks Alex, for your response.

I am using version 5.1.3. The ftp of files worked correctly. And I have now tried clearing all files and folders from System / Cache. I have checked that write permission is on all these folders. I now get a different error:

Fatal Error: Saving compiled template failed in /home/xxxx/public_html/core/kernel/nparser/template_cache.php on line 232

Any idea's?

Thanks,
Tim

This indicates that web server (e.g. apache) can't write into /system folder in In-Portal installation. You need to either run /tools/fix_perms.sh script or manually set write permissions (777) to every folder inside /system folder including itself.