Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Connection Error: (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (113) / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Connection Error: (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (113) (4)

Posted: 06/14/2010 12:16:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am encountering a problem on the first step (file system check) of the installation process.

Everything is ok apart from the last parameter & it is returning the following error message:

"Connection Error: (2003) Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (113)"

I have double checked the config.php file & the database name, username & password all match the selected SQL database.

Any feedback on what this error could be would be appreciated.

Posted: 06/14/2010 12:23:49 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

This seems like your MySQL info is not entered correctly or MySQL server is not running. To test this please read my reply in this topic where explained how to test your connection to MySQL server:

http://www.in-portal.com/forums/in-portal-cms/installation-upgrade/bb_4026.html

Let us know how it goes

Thanks.

Posted: 06/14/2010 1:01:16 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitri,

The server is running because I have 1 website running an SQL & 1 testsite running another SQL in a sub-directory (folder).

I am trying to install in-portal for testing purposes in another sub-directory.

I will re-create another database & change the config.php to match & I will let you know if it is successful or not

Posted: 06/14/2010 1:56:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitri,

Ok, I deleted the config.php file & before re-uploading the new file I hit refresh on stage 1 of the installation process. It automatically brought me to stage 2!!! That is without a SQL database!!

Next I uploaded the new SQL database & entered the username, password & database name & it took me to the installation maintenance page where I must enter the username 'root' & a password.

How do I know what the password is as I have not yet been asked to enter one?

I think I am missing something very obvious here but what I am experiencing in the installation seems slightly different to the installation documentation.

Sorry to be a pain by keeping asking simple questions but I hope you can help me because I really want to try this CMS package.