Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Installed In-Portal But No Links / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Installed In-Portal But No Links (9)

Posted: 01/26/2010 8:37:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I downloaded and installed in-portal but I have no menu links.

The install showed it was a success.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Posted: 01/26/2010 11:11:17 PM

Reply Quoted  

iddigger wrote:01/26/2010 8:37:19 PM
Hi,

I downloaded and installed in-portal but I have no menu links.

The install showed it was a success.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Hello Joe,

Thanks for downloading In-Portal and joining the Community.

Did you download In-Link module as well, or just the In-Portal CMS?

Could please list here the modules shown under Admin->Configuration->Modules section of your website?

Thanks.

Posted: 01/27/2010 3:02:41 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry,

I guess it would help to install modules, I did download in-link.

I was thinking modules were extras.

Thanks!

Posted: 01/27/2010 12:27:54 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

I installed in-link but still no menus in admin panel.

In-link did create a directory on main site but that's not right.

My directory path is...

/public_html/homesite/portaldirectory/

- admin/
- core/
- in-link/
- system/
- themes/
- tools/
- index.php
- config.php
- other LICENSE and README files

The instructions I have read in-link should show in here.

Are my instructions out dated ?

Would appreciate help on this.

Thanks.

Posted: 01/27/2010 7:40:56 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello there,

Just to make sure we have In-Link installed please list all records you have under Admin->Configuration->Modules section.

Thanks.

Posted: 01/28/2010 10:38:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry,

What do you mean is in-link installed ?
I uploaded in-link to the portal directory as shown above.

When I do the in-portal install I have no admin links or cpanel. I can login to admin but it only shows the demo template and no menu links on let side.
The install does create in-link directory on the demo default page but when I click on it I get a message (Fatal Error) so I know in-link is not the right area.

Do I need to create a mysql database for every module and separate install on each module or does it run on the in-portal one ?

Don't know what I'm going to do with in-portal yet, just trying it out for now. Well if I get it going.

Thanks for your help.

Posted: 01/29/2010 12:04:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

iddigger wrote:01/28/2010 10:38:58 AM
Hi Dmitry,

What do you mean is in-link installed ?
I uploaded in-link to the portal directory as shown above.

When I do the in-portal install I have no admin links or cpanel. I can login to admin but it only shows the demo template and no menu links on let side.
The install does create in-link directory on the demo default page but when I click on it I get a message (Fatal Error) so I know in-link is not the right area.

Do I need to create a mysql database for every module and separate install on each module or does it run on the in-portal one ?

Don't know what I'm going to do with in-portal yet, just trying it out for now. Well if I get it going.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Joe,

I think you might misunderstood how it should work, or may be it's just me.

Let's start from the beginning:

1. Upload In-Portal and modules (if any) - you did and have correct folder structure!

2. Create 1 DB for In-Portal - you did and I suppose you have it. Let's just DROP all the tables in it so we start fresh.

3. Run installation script http://www.your-domain.com/[parth-to-inportal/]core/install.php where [parth-to-inportal/] should replace with path to In-Portal on your server or completely left out if it's in a root of installation.

4. Requirements check will ask you to adjust file permissions so it's can continue. You can do this via your FTP client or by running shell script tools/fix_perm.sh (if you have SSH access to the server with your account).

6. Enter Database info and follow the steps 1 by 1.

7. At one of the last steps called "Basic Configuration" I recommend changing the Admin Interface option to Advanced so you can see more menus.

Let me know how it goes. We'll get you up and running - no worries!

Thanks.

Posted: 01/29/2010 7:33:04 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry,

I was able to get in-portal installed using the in-portal_X_X_X.tar.gz
file and uploading to my server hostgator then extracting it there.

Uploading script files in ASCII mode and images in BINARY mode using filezilla did not work for me. Could be I made an error though, but me make an error, Not. (lol)

I did upload the modules using filezilla on auto transfer mode and modules are working after doing a new install.

I read other members are having problems tring to install in-portal and it might be the instructions we have are not very clear, I have the pdf and 2 other install instructions and there all different.

Thanks for your help on this !

Posted: 02/01/2010 11:42:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

if you have access to Admin, then it's nearly good :)

Can you please tell me if you can access, on left menu in admin, to Configuration > Website > Modules, and tell me what's there?

Additionnaly, if you can include a picture of your admin panel, showing the "Structure and data" expanded in left menu, it'd be great to help you.

Phil.

iddigger wrote:01/29/2010 7:33:04 PM
Hi Dmitry,

I was able to get in-portal installed using the in-portal_X_X_X.tar.gz
file and uploading to my server hostgator then extracting it there.

Uploading script files in ASCII mode and images in BINARY mode using filezilla did not work for me. Could be I made an error though, but me make an error, Not. (lol)

I did upload the modules using filezilla on auto transfer mode and modules are working after doing a new install.

I read other members are having problems tring to install in-portal and it might be the instructions we have are not very clear, I have the pdf and 2 other install instructions and there all different.

Thanks for your help on this !