Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Need help installing additional modules like In-Link. / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Need help installing additional modules like In-Link. (7)

Posted: 01/26/2010 6:46:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

In-Portal is already installed and working, just hoping someone can help me with the install of In-link... not very computer savvy.

Posted: 01/26/2010 11:02:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

user77 wrote:01/26/2010 6:46:07 PM
In-Portal is already installed and working, just hoping someone can help me with the install of In-link... not very computer savvy.

Hello there,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for downloading and installing In-Portal.

I'll be glad to answer your questions and get on the right track. Let start with getting some information about your current setup:

1. Did you download and install In-Portal 5.0.2?

2. Can you please list the folders that you have on your web-server? (ie. admin, core and so on) This would help to identify if you are missing something.

3. What sub-folders do you have under the themes/ folder?

4. Once you login in Admin, and go to Configuration->Modules section, can you list all installed and not-installed (if any) modules there?

This should be enough info to begin with.

Thanks.

Posted: 01/27/2010 5:38:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

YES

2. Can you please list the folders that you have on your web-server? (ie. admin, core and so on) This would help to identify if you are missing something.

ADMIN
CORE
SYSTEMS
THEMES
TOOLS

Just the 'DEFAULT' folder

4. Once you login in Admin, and go to Configuration->Modules section, can you list all installed and not-installed (if any) modules there?

I cant's login -- my password or username isn't taking for some reason. Is there anyway to access Admin of In-portal or a way to retrieve my password?

I can't remember if I created a password for this or if one was assigned.

Posted: 01/27/2010 7:38:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

user77 wrote:01/27/2010 5:38:37 PM

YES

ADMIN
CORE
SYSTEMS
THEMES
TOOLS

Just the 'DEFAULT' folder

I cant's login -- my password or username isn't taking for some reason. Is there anyway to access Admin of In-portal or a way to retrieve my password?

I can't remember if I created a password for this or if one was assigned.

Hi again,

It seems that In-Portal is not installed.

The default username for the Admin is " root " (no quotes of course). Try that with your password and let me know it works.

At this moment we don't have automated password recovery for Admin, but it's can be done by hand in the DB if needed.

Thanks!

Posted: 01/27/2010 9:49:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

NOPE, didn't work to access admin/c panel.

also, why do you say that it hasn't been installed (in-portal, that is) if I was able to set up and access Admin c panel prior to this? I went through the installation process and everything so I don't think it is not installed. Anyhow, I'm having trouble accessing the c panel anyway due to lack of correct password.

Posted: 01/29/2010 12:15:04 PM

Reply Quoted  

user77 wrote:01/27/2010 9:49:37 PM
NOPE, didn't work to access admin/c panel.

also, why do you say that it hasn't been installed (in-portal, that is) if I was able to set up and access Admin c panel prior to this? I went through the installation process and everything so I don't think it is not installed. Anyhow, I'm having trouble accessing the c panel anyway due to lack of correct password.

Yes, you are right - it was setup if you can see Admin Login screen

Okay, let's try reseting the password then.

1. Do you have phpMyAdmin accessible to you and know how to operate with it? If so we'll be changing ConfigurationValues table.

2. In case if you feel it's easier to reinstall In-Portal from scratch which is actually about 3-4 minutes - we can go this path to.

Let me what's better path for you.

Thanks!

Posted: 07/29/2010 11:57:58 PM

Reply Quoted  

not able to install the module.. the folders i have on my root is
admin
core
modules
system
themes
tools
in-link

I uploaded in-link folder on root ...

not coming in config section.. and in news module it showing "Module not licensed" what to do to solve this..