Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Installation Problems after DB configuration / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Installation Problems after DB configuration (6)

Posted: 01/13/2010 4:22:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am having troubles installing 5.0.2 of In-Portal. I am able to get the the default page after uploading In-Portal and all modules which asks me to go to the install script. Once at the install script it asks me to configure the db setup information. I input all the info and press continue and the it moves to a blank page. If I return to the db configuration page and resubmit the page it tells me that there is already a db with that configuration already created. So I then input all db configuration data and select yes to the "Use existing In-Portal installation in this Database" question. Hit continue and get the same blank page as before. I checked the configuration file on the server and CHMOD it to 777 to see if that helped with no luck. I use 1 & 1 shared hosting for this install and have used them on all previous versions of in-portal with out issues. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Posted: 01/13/2010 9:48:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

bnove24@gmail.com wrote:01/13/2010 4:22:48 PM
I am having troubles installing 5.0.2 of In-Portal. I am able to get the the default page after uploading In-Portal and all modules which asks me to go to the install script. Once at the install script it asks me to configure the db setup information. I input all the info and press continue and the it moves to a blank page. If I return to the db configuration page and resubmit the page it tells me that there is already a db with that configuration already created. So I then input all db configuration data and select yes to the "Use existing In-Portal installation in this Database" question. Hit continue and get the same blank page as before. I checked the configuration file on the server and CHMOD it to 777 to see if that helped with no luck. I use 1 & 1 shared hosting for this install and have used them on all previous versions of in-portal with out issues. Any suggestions on what to try next?

Hello Ben,

This sounds like system can't properly write or read config.php file, but to get more info we should enabled In-Portal Debugger.

Debugger is enabled by:

1. Copying "/tools/debug_sample.php" into root of your installation and renaming it to "debug.php". In result you end up with /debug.php file in root of installation.

2. Specifying your IP address so ONLY you see the debugger when it's enabled.

For this do the following:

a. Open the "/debug.php" file in some HTML or PHP editor (notepad won't work since messes up new lines) and find the line that starts with the following:

'DBG_IP'

b. Carefully add semicolon and your IP (can be detected here - http://whatismyipaddress.com/) right after last IP that you see there like this:

'193.68.72.64/26;99.14.230.174[;YOUR IP]',

c. Save "/debug.php" and upload back to the server.

d. To test if debugger is enabled you just go to any page, in your case /core/install.php and should see Application debug info at the very bottom of your page + hit F12 key to open up actual debugger.

Now once you have your debugger enabled you should try installing from scratch, but MAKE sure to DROP all tables in your Database before proceeding.

What you should be looking for is Errors or Warnings (normally red colored) sent by PHP. It should be safe to copy/paste them here or feel free to email us directly.

Cheers!

Posted: 01/14/2010 2:56:47 PM

Reply Quoted  

I got 49 errors here is a list of the errors that I got:

Before UnitConfigReader 1263502333.62813 from last 1263502333.62813 from start
Notice: Use of undefined constant SMILEYS_PATH - assumed 'SMILEYS_PATH' in w:\in-bulletin\units\emoticons\emoticons_config.php on line 81
Notice: Use of undefined constant PM_FOLDER_SENT - assumed 'PM_FOLDER_SENT' in w:\in-bulletin\units\private_messages\private_messages_config.php on line 90
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_VALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_VALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 81
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 82
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 83
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 108
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_VALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_VALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 152
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_VALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_VALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 153
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_VALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_VALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 154
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 157
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 158
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_INVALID' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 159
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 162
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 163
Notice: Use of undefined constant LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED - assumed 'LINK_VALIDATION_NOT_VALIDATED' in w:\in-link\units\link_validation\link_validation_config.php on line 164
Warning: Single unit config prefix "fav" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/favorites/favorites_config.php", "/old/in-commerce/units/favorites/favorites_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Notice: Use of undefined constant ORDER_STATUS_PENDING - assumed 'ORDER_STATUS_PENDING' in w:\old\in-commerce\units\orders\orders_config.php on line 190
Warning: Single unit config prefix "l" is used in multiple unit config files: "/in-link/units/links/links_config.php", "/old/in-link/units/links/links_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "lst" is used in multiple unit config files: "/in-link/units/listing_types/listing_types_config.php", "/old/in-link/units/listing_types/listing_types_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "ls" is used in multiple unit config files: "/in-link/units/listings/listings_config.php", "/old/in-link/units/listings/listings_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "formatters" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/kernel/utility/formatters/formatters_config.php", "/old/kernel/kernel4/utility/formatters/formatters_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "adm" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/admin/admin_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/admin/admin_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "c" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/categories/categories_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/categories/categories_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "ci" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/category_items/category_items_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/category_items/category_items_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "confs" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/config_search/config_search_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/config_search/config_search_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "conf" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/configuration/configuration_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/configuration/configuration_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "cdata" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/custom_data/custom_data_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/custom_data/custom_data_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "cf" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/custom_fields/custom_fields_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/custom_fields/custom_fields_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "emailevents" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/email_events/email_events_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/email_events/email_events_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "emailmessages" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/email_messages/email_messages_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/email_messages/email_messages_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "m" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/general/general_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/general/general_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "helpers" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/helpers/helpers_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/general/helpers/helpers_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "g" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/groups/groups_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/groups/groups_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "img" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/images/images_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/images/images_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "lang" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/languages/languages_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/languages/languages_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "mod" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/modules/modules_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/modules/modules_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "perm" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/permissions/permissions_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/permissions/permissions_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "phrases" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/phrases/phrases_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/phrases/phrases_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "rel" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/relationship/relationship_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/relationship/relationship_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "rev" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/reviews/reviews_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/reviews/reviews_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "selectors" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/selectors/selectors_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/selectors/selectors_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "stat" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/statistics/statistics_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/statistics/statistics_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "css" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/stylesheets/stylesheets_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/stylesheets/stylesheets_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "theme" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/themes/themes_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/themes/themes_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "trans" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/translator/translator_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/translator/translator_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "ug" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/user_groups/user_groups_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/user_groups/user_groups_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "u" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/users/users_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/users/users_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Single unit config prefix "visits" is used in multiple unit config files: "/core/units/visits/visits_config.php", "/old/kernel/units/visits/visits_config.php" in w:\core\kernel\utility\unit_config_reader.php on line 790
Warning: Prefix cms doesn't exist when trying to hook from cms-rel:OnDeleteForeignRelations in w:\core\kernel\event_manager.php on line 619
After UnitConfigReader 2.10296 from last 1263502335.73109 from start
Processed HTTPQuery initial 0.01264 from last 1263502335.74373 from start
Processed Session 0.01601 from last 1263502335.75974 from start

Application: 6.58 MB (6901096)
Script Runtime: 2.34408 s
SQL's Runtime: 0.00000 s

Posted: 01/14/2010 3:12:08 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Ben,

I think I know the reason why you have this difficulties

Tell me if you have older version of In-Portal sitting anywhere within that website?

If so it should be moved away at least 1 level up since In-Portal scans for it's configs and find the old copy and it's getting ugly

By the way, we are already working on improving this part by moving all In-Portal modules under /modules folder. This change will be available starting In-Portal 5.1.0 which is still in development. You can see the progress here under:

362: We should move all module folders to new "modules" subfolder

But for now you'll have to move older things away.

Also, you might want to join some of our teams to stay more up to date with Bug and Development. Please read more in this on How to Contribute page.

Let me know if you still need help with that installation!

Cheers!

Posted: 01/14/2010 6:06:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

That solved my problem. I just deleted the old site that I had placed in a folder with the In-Portal install. I cleared out the database and deleted the config file and did a fresh install. Worked perfectly after that. Thank you for your help!

Posted: 01/14/2010 7:47:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

bnove24@gmail.com wrote:01/14/2010 6:06:43 PM
That solved my problem. I just deleted the old site that I had placed in a folder with the In-Portal install. I cleared out the database and deleted the config file and did a fresh install. Worked perfectly after that. Thank you for your help!

I am glad it worked out.