Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / Upgrade Process on a Live busy Site / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Upgrade Process on a Live busy Site (6)

Posted: 04/06/2008 2:47:28 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dimitry,

What is the best way to upgrade a live busy site!

With a live busy site you have users that are submitting new data to the site and new members that registrate themself at the same time.

Who do i prevent the lost of that data / new data while upgrading at the same time? (Because the backup / sql dump is already done)

Thanks,

Stefan

Posted: 04/24/2008 12:15:20 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Stefan,

We always recommend running LIVE and DEV versions of the website.

The upgrade process takes a bit of time and it's always safe to work out all issues on DEV site and then do a quick switch or upgrade on LIVE site.

Please feel free to contact us with more details here or via Support system.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/03/2010 10:22:16 AM

Reply Quoted  

So do you just set up a folder names .dev and then install the program in there? Then move the themes and other customized folders into it until it work correctly?
Then move the whole thing into the root folder?

Can I use the configurations that are already in there to set up the new one in the .dev folder?

Thanks

Cynthia

Posted: 03/21/2010 4:28:12 PM

Reply Quoted  

Can you please give more details on the upgrade process?

In-Portal versions is 1.0.10
In-Newz version is 1.0.8

I have made a lot of template customization to my In-Portal and would not like to loose it, as well as the content.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/22/2010 7:11:38 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

It's quite old version of In-Portal and to be honest I don't think your old templates will work here.

Any any case, I can tell you more once I see the website.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/07/2010 1:33:22 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:03/22/2010 7:11:38 PM
Hello,

It's quite old version of In-Portal and to be honest I don't think your old templates will work here.

Any any case, I can tell you more once I see the website.

Thanks.

Found my old username. My site is on my profile. I was trying to install in-portal 5 in a dev folder and on the first page I see an option that says "use existingin-portal installation in this database". What do I select here? I guess I could redo the templates but I would like to keep the content