Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / A bit confused on new in-protal and in-link / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

A bit confused on new in-protal and in-link (9)

Posted: 01/13/2005 1:17:02 PM

Reply Quoted  

by the way the new system looks great. I have in-link 2..34 installed or something like that. the last version before the new system with in-portal.

I'm just testing it out but where do you put the inlink themes folder?

I installed the in-link module and that installed fine, but now it keeps saying it can no tfind the inlink/whatever.tpl files.

So, do you put the inlink folder in the themes folder of in-portal? Or where does the inlink folder go? Not the module, but the template or themes folder from inlink.

Thanks!

Posted: 01/13/2005 11:10:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

I am having the same problem..

Getting this error when I view the main page at http://www.triptutor.com

Template Error:Missing Template:'inlink/main.tpl'

My in-link templates are located at:
/in-link/themes/default/

Posted: 01/15/2005 5:21:33 AM

Reply Quoted  

Ok, I know where the inlink folder goes and it shows in the admin panel, but it still says the main.tpl file can not be found and errors occur. Plus, can you upgrade from 2.34 to in-portal and in-link?

I've read all hte manual too, but it still has the template errors.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

[Edited By zapthis on 01/15/05 5:21:56 AM]

Posted: 01/15/2005 7:59:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

the template folder goes in portal/themes/default/in-link , i put there and stopped getting the error.

Posted: 01/17/2005 2:55:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

zapthis wrote:01/15/2005 5:21:33 AM
Ok, I know where the inlink folder goes and it shows in the admin panel, but it still says the main.tpl file can not be found and errors occur. Plus, can you upgrade from 2.34 to in-portal and in-link?

I've read all hte manual too, but it still has the template errors.

Anyhelp is appreciated.

[Edited By zapthis on 01/15/05 5:21:56 AM]

Hello,

Please refer to FAQ section for the upgrade step-by-step instructions. Please note, that the installation process is also described in the same topic.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/20/2005 8:07:12 PM

Reply Quoted  

frankster wrote:01/15/2005 7:59:44 PM
the template folder goes in portal/themes/default/in-link , i put there and stopped getting the error.

thanks it kinda works now, but the index file is missing? there is no index file in the inlink themes folder. What index file is it asking for? I do see the directory now, but get errors about a index file.

Many thanks for that.

Posted: 01/21/2005 11:42:48 AM

Reply Quoted  

zapthis wrote:01/20/2005 8:07:12 PM

thanks it kinda works now, but the index file is missing? there is no index file in the inlink themes folder. What index file is it asking for? I do see the directory now, but get errors about a index file.

Many thanks for that.

Hello,

I would recommend to get a fresh set of files/templates somewhere on the side and compare the them. Please note that there are index.tpl templates in top theme (default/index.tpl) as well as in each module (i.e. default/inlink/index.tpl, default/inbulletin/index.tpl and so on).

Thank you.

Posted: 01/21/2005 7:54:53 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:01/21/2005 11:42:48 AM

Many thanks for that.

Hello,

I would recommend to get a fresh set of files/templates somewhere on the side and compare the them. Please note that there are index.tpl templates in top theme (default/index.tpl) as well as in each module (i.e. default/inlink/index.tpl, default/inbulletin/index.tpl and so on).

Thank you.

Ok, Dmtry thanks again for the help.It works great now. Sorry about this quesiton in this section, but might as well ask. Do you offer a upgrade prive for the other two modules fo in-link liscense holders?

thanks again

Posted: 01/23/2005 11:35:57 PM

Reply Quoted  

zapthis wrote:01/21/2005 7:54:53 PM
Dmitry wrote:01/21/2005 11:42:48 AM

Many thanks for that.

Hello,

Thank you.

Ok, Dmtry thanks again for the help.It works great now. Sorry about this quesiton in this section, but might as well ask. Do you offer a upgrade prive for the other two modules fo in-link liscense holders?

thanks again

Hello,

I am glad it works fine .

In regard to other two modules - In-newz and In-bulletin, you simply need to purchase them through your existing account. Please note that you would need to select a license which the new modules will be attached to. In oher words, make sure to complete the purchase under your current license/website if you plan to use them on the same website where you have current In-portal and In-link3 installed.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.