Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / Installation & Upgrade / config file? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

config file? (9)

Posted: 11/03/2004 1:09:59 AM

Reply Quoted  

Is there anything special the config file must have in it, or is it just an empty file to start? Setup says the config file is not writeable, it also does not exist. I created an empty config file, and setup worked, but I am unable to login to the system. I get session expired error. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Posted: 11/03/2004 3:56:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Config file is written by installation script automatically. You have only to make sure that the root directory where you are installing in-portal is writeable by the web server.

To solve the problem now, remove the config file and reinstall in-portal by using installation script. Do not create config file manually.

Posted: 11/03/2004 8:39:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

Still have the same problem when the script creates it as well. Install seems to work, but I can't get into the admin section.

Posted: 11/03/2004 6:02:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello starchdoggy,

Please email us (support@intechnic.com) your installation path, FTP and DB info, so we can troubleshoot your installation.

Thank you.

Posted: 11/15/2004 3:09:47 PM

Reply Quoted  

I seem to have the same problem:

[quote:2e16d53f66]Install cannot write to config.php in the root directory of your in-portal installation (/home/sites/site###/users/inlink/web/).

Installation cannot continue![/quote:2e16d53f66]

Despite having made that directory and the files it contains all 777.

Please advise.

Posted: 11/16/2004 6:07:56 AM

Reply Quoted  

[quote:7a0c87f317="quentin_bc"]I seem to have the same problem:

[quote:7a0c87f317]Install cannot write to config.php in the root directory of your in-portal installation (/home/sites/site###/users/inlink/web/).

Installation cannot continue![/quote:7a0c87f317]

Despite having made that directory and the files it contains all 777.

Please advise.[/quote:7a0c87f317]

Hey Quentin,
Have you tried

/inlink - 777
/web - 777
/web/config.php - delete (let script make a new one)
re-run install

just a thought,
Anthony

Posted: 11/16/2004 11:51:23 AM

Reply Quoted  

Yes thanks Anthony, everything is as you suggest only I've not yet seen any sign of a config.php file anywhere.

Further suggestions welcome!

Posted: 11/16/2004 1:15:58 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi quentin,

Does install give you the same error? It's possible that it cannot write due to the safe mode. The only way for us to tell, is if you can provide us with FTP/MySQL infromation and we look at it ourselves (please submit a support ticket).

As a last resort, I would try to create a config.php file yourself.

Example:

[Database]
DBType = "mysql"
DBHost = "localhost"
DBUser = ""
DBUserPassword = ""
DBName = ""
TablePrefix = ""

[Module Versions]
In-Portal = "1.0.6"
In-Bulletin = "1.0.5"
In-Link = "3.0.5"
In-News = "1.0.5"

Fill out the appropriate values for your installation. Then run install.php and update license information.

Posted: 11/16/2004 2:36:49 PM

Reply Quoted  

That worked - I created config.php (leaving out info about [Module Versions] other than In-Portal), uploaded it, set permissions to 777 and then ran install.php.

I haven't enquired about safe mode.

Thank you.