Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In-Portal Update / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-Portal Update (6)

Posted: 06/23/2015 10:11:42 AM

Reply Quoted  

Any idea when In-Portal 5.3.0 will be available?

Thanks

Posted: 06/25/2015 6:57:24 AM

Reply Quoted  

Not soon I'm afraid, because of the limited time we can spend on it.

Any specific features you expect to have from 5.3.0 release, that are not available in 5.2.1?

Posted: 06/27/2015 5:00:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

John,

As Alex has pointed out we have limited time, but would like to assist our users as much as possible. There is a good chance that 5.3.0 will be out this year.

Do you have any specific feature requests?

Thank you.

John wrote:06/23/2015 10:11:42 AM
Any idea when In-Portal 5.3.0 will be available?

Thanks

Posted: 06/28/2015 6:13:26 PM

Reply Quoted  

Off the top of my head:

1. Advertising module ie: build banner ads, sell space for ads.
2. Blogging module.
3. Social media module or easy way to connect to facebook, twitter, google+ Right now we need to modify the HTML in the templates.
4. Weather module.
5. More templates.
6. Way to add photos.

I am new to this and trying to learn something new everyday. I know a little HTML 5 and CSS 3 and will start learning a little PHP.

I hope this community grows and we get more people involved. I will help others when I can and spread the word about In-Portal.

Cheers!

John

Posted: 06/30/2015 12:05:27 PM

Reply Quoted  

John wrote:06/28/2015 6:13:26 PM
Off the top of my head:

2. Blogging module.
3. Social media module or easy way to connect to facebook, twitter, google+ Right now we need to modify the HTML in the templates.
4. Weather module.
5. More templates.
6. Way to add photos.

I am new to this and trying to learn something new everyday. I know a little HTML 5 and CSS 3 and will start learning a little PHP.

I hope this community grows and we get more people involved. I will help others when I can and spread the word about In-Portal.

Cheers!

John

> 1. Advertising module ie: build banner ads, sell space for ads.
> 2. Blogging module.

I see no point in reinventing the wheel here, because you can already any existing dedicated software, like Revive (former phpAdsNew) for WordPress for that and they integrate well with In-Portal template system too.

> 3. Social media module or easy way to connect to facebook, twitter, google+ Right now we need to modify the HTML in the templates.

What you mean by "connect". Like "Login via Facebook" or "Login via Twitter" or anything else?

> 4. Weather module.

Any ideas on what it will do? Right you already can place weather widget HTML from any weather website on any page and maybe it can even detect user location and show weather from there.

> 5. More templates.

There are many free/paid templates in general (HTML/CSS/JS), but I'm not sure which of them we should consider for integration with In-Portal. Some user input is required for sure.

> 6. Way to add photos.

Any specific examples where you can't add Photos?

Posted: 07/11/2015 6:40:28 PM

Reply Quoted  

alex wrote:06/30/2015 12:05:27 PM
John wrote:06/28/2015 6:13:26 PM
Off the top of my head:

2. Blogging module.
4. Weather module.
5. More templates.
6. Way to add photos.

Cheers!

John

> 1. Advertising module ie: build banner ads, sell space for ads.
> 2. Blogging module.

I see no point in reinventing the wheel here, because you can already any existing dedicated software, like Revive (former phpAdsNew) for WordPress for that and they integrate well with In-Portal template system too.

> 3. Social media module or easy way to connect to facebook, twitter, google+ Right now we need to modify the HTML in the templates.

What you mean by "connect". Like "Login via Facebook" or "Login via Twitter" or anything else?

> 4. Weather module.

Any ideas on what it will do? Right you already can place weather widget HTML from any weather website on any page and maybe it can even detect user location and show weather from there.

> 5. More templates.

There are many free/paid templates in general (HTML/CSS/JS), but I'm not sure which of them we should consider for integration with In-Portal. Some user input is required for sure.

> 6. Way to add photos.

Any specific examples where you can't add Photos?

Hi Alex,

Are you saying if I want to create a blog on In-Portal that I will need to integrate wordpress, blogger or other blogging platform? If this is the case, why would anyone want to use In-Portal for blogging if they can use Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla or other platform?

John