Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Version Upgradation / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Version Upgradation (4)

Posted: 07/09/2010 6:43:11 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Right now am using in-portal 4.2.1 .and in-commerce 4.2.1 .using this developed freelance site. am getting some issues daily. so i planned to upgrade version.

how can i upgrade it?

if i upgrade it means it will be affect my old functionality?

can you please any one help me?

Thanks

Posted: 07/10/2010 3:40:52 PM

Reply Quoted  

In-Portal is free now, but In-Commerce continues to be paid module, so you need to buy an upgrade.

Update of php code and template changes is dependent on customization approach used. Here is what I heard about how people customize In-Portal:

1. create module named "Custom" and all code changes are performed there
2. creating new theme from existing one and changing it
3. directly edit files of interested modules, e.g. inside "in-commerce", "kernel" folders
4. changing files with ".tpl" extension (theme templates) in existing theme (e.g. "themes/default" folder)

Case 1 + case 2 are good ones. Case 3 + case 4 are ones, that people use most, since they require less knowledge of In-Portal, but upgrade is not so easy in this case.

Since upgrade process overwrites all files of modules, you are upgrading, then your local changes could be lost in case if you did them using case 3/case 4.

Posted: 07/12/2010 7:38:17 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Ok Can you please give me that link for buy the incommerce?

Posted: 07/15/2010 10:49:41 AM

Reply Quoted  

ashok wrote:07/12/2010 7:38:17 AM
Hi,

Ok Can you please give me that link for buy the incommerce?

Hello Ashok,

If you already have In-Commerce license which is quite old - simply login into your account and do Renew Support.

Thanks.