Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / The CMS keeps crashing the browser. This happens when Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 are used / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

The CMS keeps crashing the browser. This happens when Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 are used (5)

Posted: 03/11/2010 3:16:38 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

I have used in-portal open source in my site past one year.Couple of weeks before some issues came in my site like browser crashes.

so why it happens browser crashes using in-portal open source?

Server persons told to us about browser crashes due to CMS in admin.

In admin, CMS we used to add SEO concept oriented contents in site so whenever we used the CMS browser crashes happened.

So please tell me anybody how to correct the browser crashes issues in my site.

thanks

Posted: 03/11/2010 10:31:57 AM

Reply Quoted  

If you are using Firefox 3.6, then this could be an issue. We have also noticed, that since 3.6 release of Firefox it crashes too much and especially during file uploads.

Please tell me what exactly you are doing.

Posted: 03/12/2010 9:13:36 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Ashok,

Thanks for your report. We'll try to help you resolve the issue, but we would need to replicate the issue on this end first.

Let's start with some troubleshooting on one of the Browsers, for example Firefox.

Please list the following information:

1. Your Firefox version and build. Usually available under Help->About menu. Example is 3.6 and "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2) Gecko/20100115 Firefox/3.6 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)"

2. Version of In-Portal and list of modules you are using.

3. Does it crash right away once you Login into Admin? If not please list the exact steps you are taking before it crashes on you.

4. Before if craches can you see any content on that page?

Once again thanks for your report!

We are dedicated to fix all issues so please feel free to report anything you find our of order.

Cheers!

Posted: 03/15/2010 3:50:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

Please check the information below

1. Firefox version Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8

2.Version of In-Portal and list of modules you are using.

[Module Versions]
In-Portal = "4.2.1"
In-Commerce = "4.2.1"

3. Actually i couldn't find out when its crashing exactly. SEO person is working in admin and spreading contents in all pages. Suddenly we are getting blank pages in user end.

4. site work fine before crashes . after crash just blank page is displaying.

Thanks

Posted: 03/15/2010 9:29:50 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello there,

Thanks for posting details here.

It's quite hard to give you anything specific until we know the steps how this issue is triggered.

We can definitely see it's an older version of In-Portal/In-Commerce. To be precise it's about 2.5-3 years old which makes it quite outdated.

We would definitely recommend upgrading to the latest version if possible. As you can see in the Online Demo there bit quite major improvements in 5.x over 4.x.

Thanks.