Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / RSS Import / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

RSS Import (2)

Posted: 01/12/2010 10:30:13 AM

Reply Quoted  

I am looking at this CMS but I cannot figure out how to import an RSS feed and make posts and/or product listings from it ... I want a front page NEWS section taht will display 5 to 10 news summaries and links from a RSS feed ... can you help me to better understand how this would be done? I am very familiar with Wordpress and its use of SimplePie for importing and aggregating RSS feeds into posts ... how would this be accomplished in this CMS?

Posted: 01/12/2010 10:28:19 PM

Reply Quoted  

ssieloff wrote:01/12/2010 10:30:13 AM
I am looking at this CMS but I cannot figure out how to import an RSS feed and make posts and/or product listings from it ... I want a front page NEWS section taht will display 5 to 10 news summaries and links from a RSS feed ... can you help me to better understand how this would be done? I am very familiar with Wordpress and its use of SimplePie for importing and aggregating RSS feeds into posts ... how would this be accomplished in this CMS?

Hello there,

The RSS import functionality is a part of In-News module so you need to make sure you have it installed along with In-Portal CMS itself. Also, make sure you are in Advanced interfaces mode. You can see it's in Demo http://demo.in-portal.com/admin, sections like Configuration and other advanced ones you don't see in Simple mode. This can be changed under Configuration-> Website section.

Let's start with Importing RSS part (system will automatically create Article from RSS). In order to import RSS feed into the website you'll have to specify the RSS URL (plus some other variables) for the Section where you want these articles to be imported into. This is done via Admin. Simply do Edit on that particular under Admin -> Structure & Data, switch to the Properties there you'll see parts for RSS URL and RSS Update and expiration time fields (in seconds).

Once you've done this system will import the articles.

Let me know how it goes and we'll continue with displaying Articles.

Thanks.