Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Email Functions / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Email Functions (5)

Posted: 04/15/2008 11:31:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have built some custom forms for my site.
How do I set it up so that an email is sent to me every time someone fills out a form?
Where do I go to customize the response letter that is sent out when someone fills out a form?

Posted: 04/18/2008 4:27:04 PM

Reply Quoted  

cabinetkenny wrote:04/15/2008 11:31:10 PM
I have built some custom forms for my site.
How do I set it up so that an email is sent to me every time someone fills out a form?
Where do I go to customize the response letter that is sent out when someone fills out a form?

Hello Kenny,

Please make sure his Email Settings setup correctly. This is done in Admin->Configuration->General section.

Email event is triggered when In-edit (CMS) form was submitted by
user. The content of all Email Events is controlled under
Admin->Configuration->Regional: English-> Email Events tab. The email name is FORM.SUBMITTED (user type)

Thanks.

Posted: 04/18/2008 4:51:35 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks for responding.

I found the form.submitted. How do you set it up to automatically email the admin (me) and the user(person submitting form) when they actually submit?

When I tested placing an order, I received a confirmation email saying that my order had been received. I want to set it up so that my customer receives an email that lets them know that we have received the form submission and I want an email sent to me letting me know I need to go check the submissions section.

Posted: 04/18/2008 5:04:41 PM

Reply Quoted  

This should be done automatically.

1. Please check your content of your Email Event (if it's empty, explained above).

2. Check your Admin->Logs & Summary->Email Log and see if those emails were sent out at all.

3. Admin->In-edit->Email Settings see if it's enabled.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/18/2008 10:18:37 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dimtry,
I had to change the email address in the general section. The default email was in there. It works now.

thanks for your help!