Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Uploading Flash / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Uploading Flash (4)

Posted: 04/10/2008 9:54:42 AM

Reply Quoted  

Where should I upload flash files to be used on the home page?

Posted: 04/10/2008 4:01:53 PM

Reply Quoted  

cabinetkenny wrote:04/10/2008 9:54:42 AM
Where should I upload flash files to be used on the home page?

Hello Kenny,

Are these flash files will be used within a theme templates or you want to add them in your content data?

If you are talking about #1 I recommend create a separate "custom/flash" folders inside themes/[your_theme]/ folder and putting all flash files there. This way in the future when you upgrade you know were all you custom "flash" and "images" are located.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/26/2008 2:34:04 PM

Reply Quoted  

If I want to put a flash file into the content of a page through in-edit, where do I upload the files?
For instance, I made a flash file, so I have a .swf and .html file. Do I copy the code out of the .html file and enter that into the content section of a page? If I do that, where do I put the .swf file?

Also, where do I upload the runactivecontent.js file that goes with this flash file?

Posted: 04/28/2008 10:27:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Kenny,

Yes, you can upload FLASH files via CMS editor as well and then refer to it in your HTML block that contains FLASH object.

As to JS script I recommend uploading it under themes/[your_theme]/platform/inc/ folder and referring to it in CMS block through absolute URL path (ie. http://domain.com/path/themes/[your_theme]/platform/inc/JS script.

Let me know if it answers your question.

Thanks.