Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Configuring Shipping Types for In-Commerce / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Configuring Shipping Types for In-Commerce (4)

Posted: 02/26/2008 6:04:27 PM

Reply Quoted  

I have set up my product using In-Commerce, but when a user proceeds to checkout and enters billing information they receive the following message:

"Sorry, but no shipping types are available for selected address. Please select different address, or contact site administrator"

How do I configure or edit the shipping types for tangible items within In-Commerce? I don't see where this can be edited. Is it edited per product or is there also a universal setting for all products?

Posted: 02/27/2008 3:53:12 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Jason,

In-commerce has quite advanced Shipping Types mechanisms. All types can be defined in Admin->In-commerce->Shipping section.

There are different types can be used -- by weight, item, amount, handling or flat fee. Very flexible options for Free/Promo shipping present also. Make sure you properly setup all tabs and not only General. Complete reference on the shipping types is available in our product manual -- http://www.in-portal.net/support/documentation.html

Feel free to let me know if you have more questions.

Posted: 02/27/2008 7:30:48 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks Dmitry. I tool a look at the manual it seems very complicated. Is there a way to set a default shipping setting for all products? Or do I have to edit the shipping properties for each product? My brother-in-law is setting up his site w/ incommerce and ran into the same problem. His situation is much more challenging though because he has already entered over 600 products. Does this mean he has to edit each product's shipping settings?

Posted: 02/27/2008 7:53:03 PM

Reply Quoted  

Jason,

You simply define one shipping type and will be good for all products. As additional feature you have option for selecting particular shipping types for each individual product.

Thanks.