Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Creating Topics on In-Bulletin using RSS Feeds / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Creating Topics on In-Bulletin using RSS Feeds (2)

Posted: 02/26/2008 5:37:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

I recently created a new category under "Forums" in the web admin, and when to the properties tab to provide the following RSS feed:

http://www.adlnet.gov/forum/rss.aspx?forumid=2&catid=11

This URL works. Not sure why the ones I reported don't. Anyhow, my question is: How do I create this category and still allow for my existing topics to be displayed?

After I created this category, my previous topics disapear. I have since disabled the newly created category until I figure this out. I was wondering if you could give me any tips on making both display or is this not an option?

Posted: 02/27/2008 4:51:32 PM

Reply Quoted  

JHaag75 wrote:02/26/2008 5:37:25 PM
I recently created a new category under "Forums" in the web admin, and when to the properties tab to provide the following RSS feed:

http://www.adlnet.gov/forum/rss.aspx?forumid=2&catid=11

This URL works. Not sure why the ones I reported don't. Anyhow, my question is: How do I create this category and still allow for my existing topics to be displayed?

After I created this category, my previous topics disapear. I have since disabled the newly created category until I figure this out. I was wondering if you could give me any tips on making both display or is this not an option?

Hi Jason,

I believe it will be better not to mix different types of Items in the Forums and News. The idea is that each Top level category have it's own templates for listing the content on it and In-bulletin does it in it's own way for the forums. I think it better to create related Categories and list them somewhere, We are going to work and test outputting related Categories in our latest release soon and I'll let you know. I you probably saw the actual functionality for adding/editing related Items including categories is in place for long time. Now we need to have Front End templates adjusted.

Thanks.