Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Using PHP and In-portal tag / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Using PHP and In-portal tag (2)

Posted: 04/04/2006 1:02:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

I've seen some reference to how to include a php file in another thread.

However what I would need to do is to use an In-Portal tag inside a php script.

For example how could I process something like this inside a tpl file?

<?php echo "<inp:link _field="url" />"; ?>

Thanks

Pat

Posted: 04/06/2006 4:49:21 PM

Reply Quoted  

kalou13 wrote:04/04/2006 1:02:10 PM
I've seen some reference to how to include a php file in another thread.

However what I would need to do is to use an In-Portal tag inside a php script.

For example how could I process something like this inside a tpl file?

<?php echo "<inp:link _field="url" />"; ?>

Thanks

Pat

Hello Patrick,

Sorry about some delay.
Well, in In-portal we utilize totally different template parsing system comparing that we had in old In-link due to many reasons. And at some point we tried to keep PHP out of tags/html mix. Technically, PHP support or

eval(...);

to parse PHP afterwords as it was done in old In-link, but it would make the software highly unstable, so in practice we go this far yet. I'll open you a little secret. Our In-commerce module uses a new improved kernel when all other modules still sitting on original developed one. You won't notice any difference in the out, but the new kernel is more flexible as well as stable with plain PHP. We are constantly moving things into new kernel format.

Going back to your request, I'll be glad to give an advise on more practical task like how to include another PHP file/URL or create your own tag. Please be more specific on your task.

Thanks.