Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / pre-sale question - how can inlink be used for business in different locations? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

pre-sale question - how can inlink be used for business in different locations? (2)

Posted: 03/28/2006 2:35:12 PM

Reply Quoted  

I'd like to create a links website for businesses in the UK, but I would like to split the UK into areas (about 15-20).

I'd also like to have a lot of different categories of business (approx 10-15 at the moment). And these would need to be shown in ALL of the areas in the UK.

I would like users to be able to search for a type of business, within a location.
Is this possible?

And how can I implement this with In-link/portal?

Are there any examples of this type of site?

Posted: 04/06/2006 4:35:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

dcook wrote:03/28/2006 2:35:12 PM
I'd like to create a links website for businesses in the UK, but I would like to split the UK into areas (about 15-20).

I'd also like to have a lot of different categories of business (approx 10-15 at the moment). And these would need to be shown in ALL of the areas in the UK.

I would like users to be able to search for a type of business, within a location.
Is this possible?

And how can I implement this with In-link/portal?

Are there any examples of this type of site?

Hello,

Sorry about some delay and thanks for your interest in our software!

I'll be glad to address your questions below:

Our In-link module will provide you with quick and easy way to manage your listings. In terms of category structure you can separate on multiple sub-levels by location and then by type. For example, top level category will be a city or some other location and sub-category will represent type of business and so on. This and much more can be done with "out of the box" product.

In the future you can do something more advance and customize the software to the point when location will be a type of listing. I my opinion the following site would be the closest to this idea:

http://www.citysquares.com

As you can notice it's divided by squares and then business types and listings inside them. Again, this site is fully based on In-portal and has been customized by our developers.

Please let me know if you are interest in our software. I can be reached via email (support@intechnic.com).

Thank you and looking forward to hearing from you soon!