Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Validator @ W3.org / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Validator @ W3.org (2)

Posted: 12/15/2005 3:54:08 PM

Reply Quoted  

For anyone using in-portal 1.1.x with inlink 3.1x, in-news 1.1.x, and in-bulleting 1.1.x, I have today managed to convert around 85% of the templates and PHP code so in-portal, in-link, and in-bulletin now fully validates on around 90% of my site.

These mods have been supplied to Intechnic today as they are intersted at incorporating these into a future release.

Anyone wishing to test out my site to confirm that in-portal validates at W3.org can do so by visiting [URL href="http://www.highstreetshoppingonline.co.uk"]http://www.highstreetshoppingonline.co.uk[/URL] to test this feature out.

One thing to bear in mind for any portal owners wishing to use these in future, to fully validate the pages you must ensure your links also conform to the validation rules therefore any that contain HTML special characters will need to be re-compiled using the character to unicode conversion which I am currently doing on my site at the moment so all links also fully validate.

This in work in-progress where i am working closely with in-technic and have supplied them with an RC1 package today and will over the next couple of days get in-commerce to validate too. These mods are for any portal users using default templates.

Any comments and or suggestions on this feature would be appreciated.:)

[Edited By shopwindow on 12/15/05 3:56:34 PM]

Posted: 12/16/2005 9:50:04 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your participation in this and we highly appreciate your time and effort.

By the way, Intechnic spells out with no dashes in it

Thanks!