Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / detailed step to add custom fields / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

detailed step to add custom fields (4)

Posted: 11/17/2005 3:30:30 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,

i read "adding new Custom Field(Admin)" in "In-portal> FAQ", but didn't understand.

I create one field and checked "show on the general tab", i see the tag "custom " when i add info in the custom field, it shows nothing on frontend.

Basically, I would like to use inlink to create a "book index".
So i need to add fields such as author, publisher, ISBN, description ........

Apart from above topic, any topic you can suggest so i can follow step by step to create fields for my book directory.

Posted: 11/17/2005 1:49:51 PM

Reply Quoted  

kamhang wrote:11/17/2005 3:30:30 AM
Hi,

i read "adding new Custom Field(Admin)" in "In-portal> FAQ", but didn't understand.

I create one field and checked "show on the general tab", i see the tag "custom " when i add info in the custom field, it shows nothing on frontend.

Apart from above topic, any topic you can suggest so i can follow step by step to create fields for my book directory.

Hi,

In order to show a custom field on your front end you need to customize the template(s) on which you want to field to be showing up. There is a quick tutorial in the FAQ forum on how to do this:
Displaying Custom Field (Front End).
Let me know if you still have problems after reading the tutorial.

Thanks!

[Edited By dimitarn on 11/17/05 1:50:36 PM]

Posted: 11/28/2005 10:24:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

dimitarn wrote:11/17/2005 1:49:51 PM
Hi,

Hi,

In order to show a custom field on your front end you need to customize the template(s) on which you want to field to be showing up. There is a quick tutorial in the FAQ forum on how to do this:

Thanks!

Hi,

After i read the topic, i still no idea how to implement.:(
Would you pls give me more detailed explaination, or step by step guidelines?

Posted: 11/28/2005 5:18:41 PM

Reply Quoted  

kamhang wrote:11/28/2005 10:24:25 AM
dimitarn wrote:11/17/2005 1:49:51 PM
Hi,

Hi,

Thanks!

Hi,

After i read the topic, i still no idea how to implement.:(
Would you pls give me more detailed explaination, or step by step guidelines?

Hello kamhang,

Which part of that topic is having problems with?

Thanks.