Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Language Strings / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Language Strings (4)

Posted: 11/03/2005 3:51:26 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi everybody, I've been updating my InPortal installation recently and I noticed that in the changelog there are a few thousand language strings that have the status of having been "changed".

I've been checking a few of them and they all seemed to be correct with no actual changes being made. I even anyway noticed that there are just a few that lack from my last italian package (as far as I had chances to see). Maybe a bug in the tool that checks the files that have been updated?

I'd love to update properly the modified strings and translate the missing ones to give you guys a proper italian language pack but I'd love to have a way to quickly spot the missing strings... any suggestion?

Keep the good work guys,
Fred

PS: my language file is updated with the language strings removed/added/modified up to the InPortal 1.0.11 version.

[Edited By MrDisaster on 11/03/05 5:36:18 AM]

Posted: 11/03/2005 12:00:42 PM

Reply Quoted  

MrDisaster wrote:11/03/2005 3:51:26 AM
Hi everybody, I've been updating my InPortal installation recently and I noticed that in the changelog there are a few thousand language strings that have the status of having been "changed".

I've been checking a few of them and they all seemed to be correct with no actual changes being made. I even anyway noticed that there are just a few that lack from my last italian package (as far as I had chances to see). Maybe a bug in the tool that checks the files that have been updated?

I'd love to update properly the modified strings and translate the missing ones to give you guys a proper italian language pack but I'd love to have a way to quickly spot the missing strings... any suggestion?

Keep the good work guys,
Fred

PS: my language file is updated with the language strings removed/added/modified up to the InPortal 1.0.11 version.

[Edited By MrDisaster on 11/03/05 5:36:18 AM]

Hello Fred,

Can you tell me which log file (name and folder of file) you are referring to? Or is it a log that you saw in your admin console?

Thanks!

P.S. It is a good idea to install the latest In-Portal - version 1.1.2. This may fix your problem right away, and it will add a lot of additional useful fixes and features.

[Edited By dimitarn on 11/03/05 12:03:52 PM]

Posted: 11/04/2005 3:35:16 PM

Reply Quoted  

I noticed that every <phrase> tag in the 1.1.x versions has a "Module" attribute filled with the value "In-Portal" except from 8 of them for which the attribute is left empty.
To find out what to change/add/remove to my current italian.lang I'm doing a diff from the english.lang that comes with the 1.1.3 version of InPortal to the version 1.0.12. I'm unfortunately kinda noob with the diff tools and regex so I'm wasting a lot of time to manually match and write down each modified <phrase> label from the two files...

I wonder if it would be a good idea to add a <version> tag to a .lang file and if In-Portal itself could have had a tool to update the language files as much as it already has an update feature.

Thanks,
Fred

[Edited By MrDisaster on 11/07/05 9:43:20 AM]

Posted: 11/07/2005 9:44:28 AM

Reply Quoted  

wrote:12/31/1969 6:00:00 PM

Hello Fred,

I'll make sure to add this to a "wish list", but honestly don't know how soon it's going to be implemented.

Thanks.