Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / System Event / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

System Event (7)

Posted: 09/14/2005 12:41:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

I created new user whith my other email address. After registered new user I have system notification of new user registration to my admin email address and user email address.

But I have had recieved second email on my user email address from system failure notice "wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses".

Where I can found option to change System Event email address for my users?
Thank you.

Posted: 09/15/2005 11:46:30 AM

Reply Quoted  

rushhohol wrote:09/14/2005 12:41:29 AM
I created new user whith my other email address. After registered new user I have system notification of new user registration to my admin email address and user email address.

But I have had recieved second email on my user email address from system failure notice "wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses".

Thank you.

Hello rushhohol,

Please let me know what the username and email address for the new account you tried to create are. In this way I can check if the account was registered.

Thanks,

Posted: 09/15/2005 10:52:15 PM

Reply Quoted  

dimitarn wrote:09/15/2005 11:46:30 AM

Thank you.

Hello rushhohol,

Please let me know what the username and email address for the new account you tried to create are. In this way I can check if the account was registered.

Thanks,

Hello Dimitar Nikolov. I'm talking about registration in my forum at RushHohol.com.

I had error message from System event that system unable to deliver mail about notification of new user registration.

In Admin/Configuration/General in "Messages from Site Admin are from? I entered my email address and begin recieved notification of new user registration. But at this point I recieved normal email notification and after time second error mail notification from system about unable to deliver that message because email address of that second mail was Local Host system default mail address.

Looks like this notification also was send from other place of In-Portal script which has default Local Domain email address same as has been before I changed in "Messages from Site Admin are from"

Posted: 09/16/2005 12:06:53 AM

Reply Quoted  

rushhohol wrote:09/15/2005 10:52:15 PM
dimitarn wrote:09/15/2005 11:46:30 AM

Thank you.

Hello rushhohol,

Thanks,

Hello Dimitar Nikolov. I'm talking about registration in my forum at RushHohol.com.

I had error message from System event that system unable to deliver mail about notification of new user registration.

In Admin/Configuration/General in "Messages from Site Admin are from? I entered my email address and begin recieved notification of new user registration. But at this point I recieved normal email notification and after time second error mail notification from system about unable to deliver that message because email address of that second mail was Local Host system default mail address.

Looks like this notification also was send from other place of In-Portal script which has default Local Domain email address same as has been before I changed in "Messages from Site Admin are from"
This is sample emails I have recieved after Add Topics.

Make sure I have been changed all email labels in russian and english. Also Chaeset changed to windows-1251

And make sure that "Messages from Site Admin are from" set to - my email address

First email
----- Original Message -----
To: user email address
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:54 PM
Subject: RushHohol.com - ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÅ ÄÏÂÁ×ÌÅÎÏ

> ÷ÁÛÅ ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÅ ÂÙÌÏ ÄÏÂÁ×ÌÅÎÏ.
> Your post has been added.

Second email -
----- Original Message -----
To: <my email address>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 9:55 PM
Subject: RushHohol.com - ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÅ ÄÏÂÁ×ÌÅÎÏ

> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
>
> -------=5a0c4975d99173d6cd828055f24aabea
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1251"
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
>
> ÷ÁÛÅ ÓÏÏÂÝÅÎÉÅ ÂÙÌÏ ÄÏÂÁ×ÌÅÎÏ.
> Your post has been added.

----------------------------------------------------------
I find out here by posting information in english and russian languages I had problem to quote reply same as I discribed in Topic "Forum - Post Reply"

[Edited By rushhohol on 09/16/05 11:06:28 PM]

Posted: 09/17/2005 6:09:16 PM

Reply Quoted  

I still recieved additional emails from System Event. Is it any where we can change emaul for System Event?

How about in "Editing Email Event" we have Extra Headers:
X-Priority: 1
X-MSMail-Priority: High
X-Mailer: RushHohol.com

I changed X-Mailer: In-Portal to RushHohol.com.

Enat purpose of this X-Mailer?

Thank you.

Posted: 09/17/2005 6:27:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

rushhohol wrote:09/17/2005 6:09:16 PM
I still recieved additional emails from System Event. Is it any where we can change emaul for System Event?

Thank you.
I tried one more things. In my server Cpanel I changed Email forwarder for any message send to RushHohol.com will go to my email address. Will let you know after testing.

Thank you for patience.

Posted: 09/19/2005 4:37:10 PM

Reply Quoted  

rushhohol wrote:09/17/2005 6:27:01 PM
rushhohol wrote:09/17/2005 6:09:16 PM

Thank you.
I tried one more things. In my server Cpanel I changed Email forwarder for any message send to RushHohol.com will go to my email address. Will let you know after testing.

Thank you for patience.
This works but I begin to recieve all spam garbage.

Now I changed X-Mailer: with my email address and everythig work fine.