Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / In-Portal and multiple Domainnames? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

In-Portal and multiple Domainnames? (4)

Posted: 09/11/2005 5:58:34 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Pavel, Dmitry,

I have rent a webhosting-package, thats contain automatically 5 domains (www. abc.de, www. xyz.de for example). In the future I would run the complete in-portal on one domain (www.abc.de) and the other domains refers to this domain. For example: A user goes to the site www.xyz and automatically he will referred to the site www.abc.de) Is this possible with your license agreement?

Can I create a own entrance-site for each domain (with an own template)?
For Example: The complete In-Portal is installed on the domain www.abc.de (SUBJECTS = Holidays, Cars, Flowers for example). When a user visit the site xyz.de (subject = Holidays), he gets only a selective choice of the complete database from IN-Portal depending with the subject of this site (Hotels, Restaurants etc.)!. When a user goes to the site www.bbb.de, he will get only a selective choice with the subject = cars, and so on! But IN-Portal is installed and runs only on the one domain (www.abc.de)!

Is this possible with your current license agreement?

Do you understand, what i mean?

Thx for your answer

Sokrates

(It´s very difficult for me, to write in english ;-)

Posted: 09/13/2005 10:22:21 AM

Reply Quoted  

Sokrates wrote:09/11/2005 5:58:34 AM
Hello Pavel, Dmitry,

I have rent a webhosting-package, thats contain automatically 5 domains (www. abc.de, www. xyz.de for example). In the future I would run the complete in-portal on one domain (www.abc.de) and the other domains refers to this domain. For example: A user goes to the site www.xyz and automatically he will referred to the site www.abc.de) Is this possible with your license agreement?

Can I create a own entrance-site for each domain (with an own template)?
For Example: The complete In-Portal is installed on the domain www.abc.de (SUBJECTS = Holidays, Cars, Flowers for example). When a user visit the site xyz.de (subject = Holidays), he gets only a selective choice of the complete database from IN-Portal depending with the subject of this site (Hotels, Restaurants etc.)!. When a user goes to the site www.bbb.de, he will get only a selective choice with the subject = cars, and so on! But IN-Portal is installed and runs only on the one domain (www.abc.de)!

Is this possible with your current license agreement?

Do you understand, what i mean?

Thx for your answer

Sokrates

(It´s very difficult for me, to write in english ;-)

Hello,

Thanks for you question.

As you know the In-portal Platform itself is free and what you pay for is Module license. One module license can be installed and used only on one domain. It doesn't matter if all of the domains are located on the same server - they still known as separate sites/domains.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions about licensing.

Thank you.

Posted: 09/13/2005 12:26:15 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Dmitry!

i know, that one module license can be installed and used only on one domain. But my question is, Can I use a separat homepage, which refers the user automatically (after 10 seconds for example) to the domain, on this the complete IN-Portal (with all modules) are installed?

Example:
The IN-Portal is installed and runs only(! ) on the domain "www.abc.de" Now i have two pages (xxx.de and yyy.de), wich refers the user automatically to the domain "www.abc.de" ! And after referring the Url is "www.abc.de" again! Do you understand, what I mean?

Is this o.k. but the in-portal (modules) are installed on one domain!

How much is it to install the complete In-portal (with all modules) on further domains (for example 3 or 5 domains)

Thanks for Information

Sokrates

Posted: 09/15/2005 10:26:35 AM

Reply Quoted  

Sokrates wrote:09/13/2005 12:26:15 PM
Hello Dmitry!

i know, that one module license can be installed and used only on one domain. But my question is, Can I use a separat homepage, which refers the user automatically (after 10 seconds for example) to the domain, on this the complete IN-Portal (with all modules) are installed?

Example:
The IN-Portal is installed and runs only(! ) on the domain "www.abc.de" Now i have two pages (xxx.de and yyy.de), wich refers the user automatically to the domain "www.abc.de" ! And after referring the Url is "www.abc.de" again! Do you understand, what I mean?

Is this o.k. but the in-portal (modules) are installed on one domain!

How much is it to install the complete In-portal (with all modules) on further domains (for example 3 or 5 domains)

Thanks for Information

Sokrates

Hello, Socrates,

You can certainly redirect to the domain where you have In-Portal installed from as many other domains as you like. The In-Portal license only requires that you have In-Portal installed on a single site, but does not impose any restrictions on the number of links or redirects to it.

I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need furter assistance.