Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Multiple databases / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Multiple databases (4)

Posted: 08/25/2005 12:29:45 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello.
I moved my website on different server with 1GB space and discoverd that they provided MySQL Database with 50MB space only. I able to open many databases but, with maximum space of 50 MB.

My question. Is it any possibility for In-Postal to use separate databases for each module?

I mean that One of 50MB for Directory, One of 50MB for News and One of 50 MB for Forum.

Is it possible for In-Portal to use multiple databases?
Thank you.

Posted: 08/25/2005 3:22:08 PM

Reply Quoted  

rushhoho wrote:08/25/2005 12:29:45 AM
Hello.
I moved my website on different server with 1GB space and discoverd that they provided MySQL Database with 50MB space only. I able to open many databases but, with maximum space of 50 MB.

My question. Is it any possibility for In-Postal to use separate databases for each module?

I mean that One of 50MB for Directory, One of 50MB for News and One of 50 MB for Forum.

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry, no separate databases supported. Honestly, it's a first time we have this type of request/question. I believe it's not a big issue and doesn't have much of practical use. Just to let you know that the plain installation takes about 1MB. I doubt you'll run out of space too soon.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Posted: 08/25/2005 10:12:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:08/25/2005 3:22:08 PM
Hello.

Thank you.

Hello,

Sorry, no separate databases supported. Honestly, it's a first time we have this type of request/question. I believe it's not a big issue and doesn't have much of practical use. Just to let you know that the plain installation takes about 1MB. I doubt you'll run out of space too soon.

Thanks.

Thank you.
I'm just curious Because never had that kind of restriction from any host I previously had.

Usually everywhere database located on same hard drive or same IP address of your domain. But here I ordered cheap hosting account from Network Solution and discovered that they keep database on other IP where they made limit of space. This is first time in my over 11 years experience working with different servers.
Just share information.

Dmitry, Thank you for this information.
In my practice I had experience to run website with HTML, PHP and multimedia files and I know how much space may take for particular amount of information. But, I never had experience to run large database like forum Kuraev.com, JesusChrist.ru or Evangelie.ru.

I just try to find out how many space will be enough to run In-Portal with information of Link Directory, News Articles and Forum postings discussions. Dmitry, do you know? I will be appreciate for your information.

Thank you.

[Edited By rushhoho on 08/25/05 10:39:25 PM]

Posted: 08/29/2005 10:24:28 AM

Reply Quoted  

rushhoho wrote:08/25/2005 10:12:29 PM
Dmitry wrote:08/25/2005 3:22:08 PM
Hello.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks.

Thank you.
I'm just curious Because never had that kind of restriction from any host I previously had.

Usually everywhere database located on same hard drive or same IP address of your domain. But here I ordered cheap hosting account from Network Solution and discovered that they keep database on other IP where they made limit of space. This is first time in my over 11 years experience working with different servers.
Just share information.

Dmitry, Thank you for this information.
In my practice I had experience to run website with HTML, PHP and multimedia files and I know how much space may take for particular amount of information. But, I never had experience to run large database like forum Kuraev.com, JesusChrist.ru or Evangelie.ru.

I just try to find out how many space will be enough to run In-Portal with information of Link Directory, News Articles and Forum postings discussions. Dmitry, do you know? I will be appreciate for your information.

Thank you.

[Edited By rushhoho on 08/25/05 10:39:25 PM]

Hello,

I'll try to get more detailed information on In-portal DB size growing shortly.

Thanks.