Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Custom field help! / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Custom field help! (2)

Posted: 08/18/2005 12:02:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi

having spent most of today trying to get my custom field to display (and understand the FAQ) I'm hoping someone can help us with my problem/ lack of understanding.

I'm trying to display my custom field in the template located -

default\inlink\index\link_element.tpl

I created my custom tags in the administration console -

Modules/Inlink/Custom Fields

My custom tag is 'trial' to display how long software will run in trial mode i.e 30 days (entered in a text field)

In 'link_element.tpl' I entered -

<inp:m_language _Phrase="lu_fieldcustom__trial"/> This displayed the label OK.

But now where I'm stuck I basically dont understand what I should do to display the result I've entered into the text field in the admin console (i.e. 30 days). I entered from the custom field front end FAQ -

<inp:link _Field="custom" _Customfield="field_name_textfield" _Default="default value" />

and played around with diffrent variables within them to no joy (and with the other example in the FAQ). If my custom field is 'lu_fieldcustom__trial' how and what should I replace above?

Any help would be very much appreciated

rob

ps - by the way the images in the admin custom field FAQ are returning 404's

[Edited By foedecide on 08/18/05 12:05:59 PM]

[Edited By foedecide on 08/18/05 12:06:54 PM]

Posted: 08/30/2005 5:17:26 PM

Reply Quoted  

foedecide wrote:08/18/2005 12:02:44 PM
Hi

having spent most of today trying to get my custom field to display (and understand the FAQ) I'm hoping someone can help us with my problem/ lack of understanding.

I'm trying to display my custom field in the template located -

default\inlink\index\link_element.tpl

I created my custom tags in the administration console -

Modules/Inlink/Custom Fields

My custom tag is 'trial' to display how long software will run in trial mode i.e 30 days (entered in a text field)

In 'link_element.tpl' I entered -

<inp:m_language _Phrase="lu_fieldcustom__trial"/> This displayed the label OK.

But now where I'm stuck I basically dont understand what I should do to display the result I've entered into the text field in the admin console (i.e. 30 days). I entered from the custom field front end FAQ -

<inp:link _Field="custom" _Customfield="field_name_textfield" _Default="default value" />

and played around with diffrent variables within them to no joy (and with the other example in the FAQ). If my custom field is 'lu_fieldcustom__trial' how and what should I replace above?

Any help would be very much appreciated

rob

ps - by the way the images in the admin custom field FAQ are returning 404's

[Edited By foedecide on 08/18/05 12:05:59 PM]

[Edited By foedecide on 08/18/05 12:06:54 PM]

Hello,

Please accept my apologies for such a long delay. We have all images in FAQ section back on-line.

Feel free to let me know if you still need my assistance with this.

Thank you.