Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Email registration respond / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Email registration respond (8)

Posted: 08/12/2005 2:39:21 AM

Reply Quoted  

By registered I get email message:
Welcome to In-portal!
Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "name".
**********************************************************************************
What I need to do to change name In-portal on the name of my website?
Thank you.

Posted: 08/12/2005 3:22:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

I foud this text.
Welcome to In-portal!
Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "<inp:touser _Field="UserName" />" and your password is "<inp:touser _Field="password" />".
By testing it I have recieved only approved User name but, I do not have password in the message.

Also, after that I have been changed text of outgoing message name "In-portal" on the name of my website RushHohol.com.

Message sent still same with user name only and "In-portal".

Posted: 08/12/2005 11:05:32 AM

Reply Quoted  

rushhoho wrote:08/12/2005 3:22:46 AM
I foud this text.
Welcome to In-portal!
Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "<inp:touser _Field="UserName" />" and your password is "<inp:touser _Field="password" />".
By testing it I have recieved only approved User name but, I do not have password in the message.

Also, after that I have been changed text of outgoing message name "In-portal" on the name of my website RushHohol.com.

Message sent still same with user name only and "In-portal".

Hello,

Change the Website name in Admin->Configuration->General section.

About the empty password, I just tested this on the Demo and my local version and it works fine. Make sure you have latest release - v1.0.12.

Thanks.

Posted: 08/13/2005 2:44:37 AM

Reply Quoted  

wrote:12/31/1969 6:00:00 PM

In Admin->Configuration->General section Website name is RushHohol.com.
Below is the text message for new user registration has been approved.
****************************************************************************************
Welcome to In-portal!

Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "cobain".
***************************************************************************************
Website name does not changed and user name without password.

But in General section Website name is RushHohol.com. Where else I need to look for changes.
Thank you.

Posted: 08/13/2005 6:58:55 AM

Reply Quoted  

In-Portal sends two different e-mails depending upon wether or not you are using the auto password feature:

1 Validate User
2 Add User

The autopassword feature is where the user does not enter their own password, it is created automatically and sent to them.

I visited your website and I see that you are letting your users supply their own password. Therefore, you are sending out an e-mail that will not contain the users password. The user's password will only be sent if you choose to use the autopassword feature.

You can edit the 'Add User' email which is what you are sending to what I have below and it should work.

Your user registration has been approvedYour user name is "<inp:touser _Field="UserName&quot/>" and your password is "<inp:touser _Field="password&quot/>".

Hope it goes well,

[Edited By lhornaday on 08/13/05 7:03:15 AM]

Posted: 08/13/2005 2:36:25 PM

Reply Quoted  

lhornaday wrote:08/13/2005 6:58:55 AM
In-Portal sends two different e-mails depending upon wether or not you are using the auto password feature:

1 Validate User
2 Add User

The autopassword feature is where the user does not enter their own password, it is created automatically and sent to them.

I visited your website and I see that you are letting your users supply their own password. Therefore, you are sending out an e-mail that will not contain the users password. The user's password will only be sent if you choose to use the autopassword feature.

You can edit the 'Add User' email which is what you are sending to what I have below and it should work.

Your user registration has been approvedYour user name is "<inp:touser _Field="UserName&quot/>" and your password is "<inp:touser _Field="password&quot/>".

Hope it goes well,

This is works!!!

Just I need to find out for my self which field I should use in email message for approved user to place his password instead of new password field "<inp:touser _Field="password" />".
I think these two emails used differend field. I will found. Just little self practice.

I mean by this that in the text message password is blank.
Welcome to RushHohol.com!

Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "cobain" and your password is "".
*******************************************************************************************************************

Thank you.

[Edited By rushhoho on 08/13/05 4:26:32 PM]

Posted: 08/30/2005 1:41:59 PM

Reply Quoted  

rushhoho wrote:08/13/2005 2:36:25 PM

1 Validate User
2 Add User

Hope it goes well,

This is works!!!

Just I need to find out for my self which field I should use in email message for approved user to place his password instead of new password field "<inp:touser _Field="password" />".
I think these two emails used differend field. I will found. Just little self practice.

Your user registration has been approved. Your user name is "cobain" and your password is "".
*******************************************************************************************************************

Thank you.

Hello,

Let me know if this worked for you. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me.

Posted: 08/31/2005 2:52:17 PM

Reply Quoted  

dimitarn wrote:08/30/2005 1:41:59 PM
rushhoho wrote:08/13/2005 2:36:25 PM

1 Validate User
2 Add User

Hope it goes well,

This is works!!!

Thank you.

Hello,

Let me know if this worked for you. If you need further assistance feel free to contact me.
This is work and work very well.

Right now I try to move my domain to new server where I will able to use whole domain space for database.
Thanr you.