Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Categories and Links of Home Page - faq issue / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Categories and Links of Home Page - faq issue (5)

Posted: 06/19/2005 3:28:43 AM

Reply Quoted  

The faq under this same named title is apparently for an eariler edition of the program - I think. (I couldn't post to that section).

Instruction 4 there says to place particular code into the index.tpl template (in the default theme folder [or I imagine whatever other file is substituting for that one]).

It says to place the code instead of Edtor Pick links which on the current edition (In-Portal 1.0.11) doesn't seem to exist - I couldn't find it on that page and the find feature couldn't find it either.

Could someone therefore please update this advice, (and also maybe flag it as being a version dependent post for the future).

PS - There may be other inaccuracies there too.

Posted: 06/20/2005 10:31:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

paperlion wrote:06/19/2005 3:28:43 AM
The faq under this same named title is apparently for an eariler edition of the program - I think. (I couldn't post to that section).

Instruction 4 there says to place particular code into the index.tpl template (in the default theme folder [or I imagine whatever other file is substituting for that one]).

It says to place the code instead of Edtor Pick links which on the current edition (In-Portal 1.0.11) doesn't seem to exist - I couldn't find it on that page and the find feature couldn't find it either.

Could someone therefore please update this advice, (and also maybe flag it as being a version dependent post for the future).

PS - There may be other inaccuracies there too.

Hello,

There is the only one tag in default/index.tpl template which lists any sort of Links:

<!-- links //-->
&
lt;inp:include _template="inlink/index/links.tpl&quot_DataExists=1 _NoDataTemplate="inlink/index/no_links.tpl&quot/>
&
lt;!-- links \\-->

And as you propably noticed the Home page only lists Links marked as Editor Pick ones. So that's what needs to be changed in step 4.

Feel free to let me know if you need more details on this.

Thanks.

[Edited By Dmitry on 06/20/05 10:31:34 AM]

Posted: 06/20/2005 11:57:46 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dimitry, thanks but...

I am disappointed that the faq was not more expicit. But more important, I am looking at a printout of themes/default/index.tpl and the only reference to links is on lines 61-63 (am using Notepad ++ to view -adds line numbers)! These contain the following only:

<!-- links //-->
<inp:perm_include _Module="In-Link" _template="inlink/main.tpl" _dataExists=1 />
<!-- links \\-->

Also, although I subscribed to this thread, I still haven't gotten notification about your reply - I searched my posts on the forum to find it. Please advise on this too. Thank you.

Posted: 06/20/2005 5:52:24 PM

Reply Quoted  

paperlion wrote:06/20/2005 11:57:46 AM
Dimitry, thanks but...

I am disappointed that the faq was not more expicit. But more important, I am looking at a printout of themes/default/index.tpl and the only reference to links is on lines 61-63 (am using Notepad ++ to view -adds line numbers)! These contain the following only:

<!-- links //-->
<inp:perm_include _Module="In-Link" _template="inlink/main.tpl" _dataExists=1 />
<!-- links \\-->

Also, although I subscribed to this thread, I still haven't gotten notification about your reply - I searched my posts on the forum to find it. Please advise on this too. Thank you.

Hello,

I'll get back to you shortly on this.

Thanks.

Posted: 06/21/2005 11:59:17 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:06/20/2005 5:52:24 PM
paperlion wrote:06/20/2005 11:57:46 AM
Dimitry, thanks but...

<!-- links //-->
<!-- links \\-->

Hello,

I'll get back to you shortly on this.

Thanks.

Hello,

Sorry for a delay.

True, there is no such tag in "default/index.tpl" template. Sorry, my fault I accidentally opened a different template.

Ok, going back to our questions. The following tag

<inp:perm_include _Module="In-Link&quot_template="inlink/main.tpl&quot_DataExists=1 />

(default/index.tpl template) calls for another default/inlink/main.tpl template. I am sure can see that template name in attributes. Basically, you need to replace that tag with the one posted in FAQ.

In regards to the email issue, I'll make sure to look into that and report as a bug if necessary. Thank you for pointing this out.