Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Ten newest links / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Ten newest links (4)

Posted: 06/13/2005 4:39:43 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi

I'd like to show the ten newest links on the homepage. With the code below it shows just 8 links and not sorted by date. What do I have to change?

<inp:l_list_links _ItemTemplate="list_new_links.tpl" _ShortList="0" _ListType="New" _NoTable="1" />

Thanks

Roland

Posted: 06/14/2005 9:42:14 AM

Reply Quoted  

linkit.ch wrote:06/13/2005 4:39:43 PM
Hi

I'd like to show the ten newest links on the homepage. With the code below it shows just 8 links and not sorted by date. What do I have to change?

<inp:l_list_links _ItemTemplate="list_new_links.tpl" _ShortList="0" _ListType="New" _NoTable="1" />

Thanks

Roland

Hello,

Try this to limit results to 10:

<inp:l_list_links _ItemTemplate="list_new_links.tpl&quot_ShortList="0&quot_ListType="New&quot_NoTable="1&quot_Paging="0"  _MaxCount="10&quot/>

In case if it doesn't work you'll need to change the Per Page Results setting to 10 in Modules&Settings->In-link->Output section.

Unfortunately, you can't force the sorting for a single list now. So you'll need to change default Order By in Modules&Settings->In-link->Output section for all links to have them listed by date. This is one of the new things we plan to add shortly.

Thanks.

Posted: 06/14/2005 4:15:00 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dimitry

I had to change the value in the adminpanel to show 10 links. But the ordering of the links doesn't work. I set by date and by linkname. In both cases it showed the same order. Also the order of the subcategories on the homepage is strange. Sometimes the order is ascending and sometimes descending.

Greetings

Roland

Posted: 06/14/2005 4:21:22 PM

Reply Quoted  

linkit.ch wrote:06/14/2005 4:15:00 PM
Hi Dimitry

I had to change the value in the adminpanel to show 10 links. But the ordering of the links doesn't work. I set by date and by linkname. In both cases it showed the same order. Also the order of the subcategories on the homepage is strange. Sometimes the order is ascending and sometimes descending.

Greetings

Roland

Thanks for reporting this. I'll make sure to submit it to a bug list.