Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Submitting to Custom Fields / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Submitting to Custom Fields (8)

Posted: 04/16/2005 10:06:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi again!

I have been having a play with adding a custom field as i want to add a custom drop down box to my registration form.

I created the custom field in Admin using the field name county_textfield

The new custom field appears fine in Admin but I'm having trouble getting the field in the reg form to send to the new custom field.

I used the below code - which doesnt work - any ideas?????

<SELECT name="county_textfield" class="input" style="width:135px;"><inp:lang_include _Language="english" _Template="register/welsh_counties.tpl" /></SELECT>

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 04/16/2005 2:11:46 PM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:04/16/2005 10:06:05 AM
Hi again!

I have been having a play with adding a custom field as i want to add a custom drop down box to my registration form.

I created the custom field in Admin using the field name county_textfield

The new custom field appears fine in Admin but I'm having trouble getting the field in the reg form to send to the new custom field.

I used the below code - which doesnt work - any ideas?????

<SELECT name="county_textfield" class="input" style="width:135px;"><inp:lang_include _Language="english" _Template="register/welsh_counties.tpl" /></SELECT>

Cheers
Brinley

Hello Brinley,

I was planning to make a new post in FAQ section shortly after new release. You'll find there step-by-step instructions and some examples on how to work with custom fields on the Front End.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/16/2005 2:33:52 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi Dmitry!

I think a detailed FAQ would be a good idea on Custom fields as it would save you a lot of hassle fending off questions like mine

(I did read your present FAQ custom field post and it helped but obviously not enough for people like me who have limited knowledge.)

Anytime time frame yet for the new release and FAQ?

Cheers
Brinley

Posted: 04/16/2005 5:46:09 PM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:04/16/2005 2:33:52 PM
Hi Dmitry!

I think a detailed FAQ would be a good idea on Custom fields as it would save you a lot of hassle fending off questions like mine

(I did read your present FAQ custom field post and it helped but obviously not enough for people like me who have limited knowledge.)

Anytime time frame yet for the new release and FAQ?

Cheers
Brinley

Hello,

Both will be available on the next week.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/18/2005 3:28:59 AM

Reply Quoted  

Great news - I'll keep an eye out for them!

Have a good one
Brinley

Posted: 04/18/2005 3:13:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:04/18/2005 3:28:59 AM

Have a good one
Brinley

Hello,

New release is out, and I'll post in FAQ section sometime during this week.

Thanks.

Posted: 05/07/2005 6:09:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/18/2005 3:13:05 PM

Have a good one
Brinley

Hello,

Thanks.

Has the FAQ been updated as I had a look and didnt see any amendments??

Posted: 05/08/2005 6:03:31 PM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:05/07/2005 6:09:19 AM
Dmitry wrote:04/18/2005 3:13:05 PM

Have a good one
Brinley

Hello,

Thanks.

Has the FAQ been updated as I had a look and didnt see any amendments??

Hello,

Sorry for a delay. I am working on it. I just want to make sure we have everything covered. I'll make sure to make it Editor Pick so you can see it once posted.

Thanks and once again sorry for delay.