Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Suggesting a catagory - details in Admin / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Suggesting a catagory - details in Admin (3)

Posted: 04/15/2005 8:27:19 AM

Reply Quoted  

We went live with our Dairectory today - and we have had a really good response - so well done Dmitry & the guys!

One issue i have, that just might be because i have not yet got to grips with the programme, is that we have had several people suggest catagories - however when i view the suggested catagories in Admin i can't see which catagory or sub catagory they are submitting it to. (Basically at the moment I'm just accepting the suggested catagory and going into the dairectory to find where the hell it is.

Anyone know what i'm doing wrong?

Just remembered another question - does anyone have the code to create a sitemap on In-portal/In-link?

Ooops! another question. I'm finding people are stickign in huge description when submitting a site - i tried to restrict using maxlength="360" but it didnt work.

Cheers
Brinley

[Edited By miura on 04/15/05 8:37:51 AM]

[Edited By miura on 04/15/05 8:49:36 AM]

[Edited By miura on 04/15/05 9:46:34 AM]

Posted: 04/15/2005 12:13:52 PM

Reply Quoted  

miura wrote:04/15/2005 8:27:19 AM
We went live with our Dairectory today - and we have had a really good response - so well done Dmitry & the guys!

One issue i have, that just might be because i have not yet got to grips with the programme, is that we have had several people suggest catagories - however when i view the suggested catagories in Admin i can't see which catagory or sub catagory they are submitting it to. (Basically at the moment I'm just accepting the suggested catagory and going into the dairectory to find where the hell it is.

Just remembered another question - does anyone have the code to create a sitemap on In-portal/In-link?

Ooops! another question. I'm finding people are stickign in huge description when submitting a site - i tried to restrict using maxlength="360" but it didnt work.

Cheers
Brinley

Hello Brinley,

1. New version will have this feature build-in.

2. It's doable, but require some additional methods to be coded. I'll put of the "wish list" for the next version, but can't be certain that it will be implemented this soon since the list is already full.

3. This is something you can try to do - http://www.rgagnon.com/jsdetails/js-0091.html.

Thanks for your good feedback and meaningful questions!

Posted: 04/16/2005 3:59:03 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/15/2005 12:13:52 PM
miura wrote:04/15/2005 8:27:19 AM

Cheers
Brinley

Hello Brinley,

1. New version will have this feature build-in.

2. It's doable, but require some additional methods to be coded. I'll put of the "wish list" for the next version, but can't be certain that it will be implemented this soon since the list is already full.

3. This is something you can try to do - http://www.rgagnon.com/jsdetails/js-0091.html.

Thanks for your good feedback and meaningful questions!

Hi Dmitry!

Thanks for the feedback - I got the textarea limiter working fine

The reason why i asked about the sitemap is that i wanted to give people who want to submit a site a one page snapshot of the catagory tree so that they can determine which one was best to submit their site to.

Have a good one
Cheers
Brinley