Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Custom Fields: Drop Down Menu / Select Box and Input / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Custom Fields: Drop Down Menu / Select Box and Input (7)

Posted: 04/11/2005 1:36:51 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi, looking for help for customizing my "suggest link" form. I would like to have one of the fields on the form to have a multiple select menu.

When a user suggest a link I would like to allow users to submit links to more than one category without having to fill out multiple forms. I edited the front-end template and added and enclosed the custom field inportal tags within a select tag.

<tr>
<td class="field-name"><inp:m_form_prompt _Form="l_addlink" _Field="product_category" _langtext="lu_prompt_productcat" _Template="misc/form_prompt.tpl" _ErrorTemplate="misc/form_prompt_error.tpl" /></td>
<td class="field-content-input">
<select name="products" size="12" multiple id="select1" tabindex="10" style="width:235px;">
<option selected>Select All That Apply...</option>
<option value="Learning Content Management Systems">Learning Content Management Systems</option>
<option value="Learning Management Systems">Learning Management Systems</option>
<option value="Other (Not Listed Here)">Other (Not Listed Here)</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>

What do I need to edit on the back end to show mutiple selections? Is there any way to change the input type of "drop down field" to a multiple select in the administrative UI?

I tried searching this forum, but there aren't any examples and couldn't find anything useful under the faq. Thanks in advance.

[Edited By JHaag75 on 04/18/05 11:19:43 PM]

Posted: 04/13/2005 12:03:09 PM

Reply Quoted  

JHaag75 wrote:04/11/2005 1:36:51 PM
Hi, looking for help for customizing my "suggest link" form. I would like to have one of the fields on the form to have a multiple select menu.

When a user suggest a link I would like to allow users to submit links to more than one category without having to fill out multiple forms. I edited the front-end template and added and enclosed the custom field inportal tags within a select tag.

<tr>
<td class="field-name"><inp:m_form_prompt _Form="l_addlink" _Field="product_category" _langtext="lu_prompt_productcat" _Template="misc/form_prompt.tpl" _ErrorTemplate="misc/form_prompt_error.tpl" /></td>
<select name="products" size="12" multiple id="select1" tabindex="10" style="width:235px;">
<option value="Learning Content Management Systems">Learning Content Management Systems</option>
<option value="Learning Management Systems">Learning Management Systems</option>
</select>
</td>
</tr>

What do I need to edit on the back end to show mutiple selections? Is there any way to change the input type of "drop down field" to a multiple select in the administrative UI?

I tried searching this forum, but there aren't any examples and couldn't find anything useful under the faq. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

This feature has been added in new shortly coming release.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/17/2005 8:23:53 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/13/2005 12:03:09 PM

<tr>
</select>
</td>
</tr>

Hello,

Thanks.

Thanks Dimitry. When is the new version release date? What is the late version released?

Posted: 04/18/2005 3:14:50 PM

Reply Quoted  

JHaag75 wrote:04/17/2005 8:23:53 PM
Dmitry wrote:04/13/2005 12:03:09 PM

<tr>
</select>
</td>
</tr>

Hello,

Thanks.

Thanks Dimitry. When is the new version release date? What is the late version released?

Hello,

New version is out. Please refer to the FAQ section for the upgrade instructions.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/18/2005 11:17:11 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thanks Dimitry. I went through the upgrade process with no problems. However, the multiple form field selections still display as a drop down in the in-portal administration for the link submitted. Which input type should I choose for my custom field inside of the in-link module in order for it to display each option value selected? I previously had "drop down field" selected, but I don't see anything for a multiple select option.

Posted: 04/19/2005 9:42:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

JHaag75 wrote:04/18/2005 11:17:11 PM
Thanks Dimitry. I went through the upgrade process with no problems. However, the multiple form field selections still display as a drop down in the in-portal administration for the link submitted. Which input type should I choose for my custom field inside of the in-link module in order for it to display each option value selected? I previously had "drop down field" selected, but I don't see anything for a multiple select option.

Hello,

I believe this can be implemented with checkboxes. Custom field setup screen has option for a radio button which can be easily used as a checkbox on the Front End. I'll post some examples during this week.

Thanks.

Posted: 04/19/2005 2:41:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:04/19/2005 9:42:29 AM
JHaag75 wrote:04/18/2005 11:17:11 PM

Hello,

I believe this can be implemented with checkboxes. Custom field setup screen has option for a radio button which can be easily used as a checkbox on the Front End. I'll post some examples during this week.

Thanks.

Thanks Dimitry. I took your advice and used checkboxes instead of a multiple select form.

[Edited By JHaag75 on 04/20/05 11:28:40 PM]