Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / a question about upgrading / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

a question about upgrading (4)

Posted: 03/27/2005 5:56:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

if I purchase in-portal now...will I be able to upgrade to the newer version when it comes out.

Posted: 03/27/2005 7:48:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

killermoses wrote:03/27/2005 5:56:02 AM
if I purchase in-portal now...will I be able to upgrade to the newer version when it comes out.

Hello,

Absolutely! Once you own a license you are eligiable for one year of free upgrades and support with the right to extend it later.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/29/2005 3:05:03 AM

Reply Quoted  

Is it easy to upgrade from this version to the new one?

Posted: 03/29/2005 10:28:25 AM

Reply Quoted  

elad wrote:03/29/2005 3:05:03 AM
Is it easy to upgrade from this version to the new one?

Hello,

Basically, it depends on how many versions behind you are and how customized your current version is. We are trying to make this process as easy as possible by automating all Database and Language additions changes through the intelligent UPGRADE script. For example it's automatically detects your current version (by DB structure) and what you upgrading to and does all necessary work for you. The other part of the upgrade process would be to upload new and modified files. We provide a detailed changelog file which contains a list of newly added and/or modified files (PHP and Templates, Images). There is a changelog file for each version for each Module. I personally don't see anything hard in this process, but you have to keep track of what you change in Templates in order not to lose your design.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks for your question!