Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Sponsored links / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Sponsored links (2)

Posted: 01/28/2005 1:06:20 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hi -

I am thinking of purchasing your in-portal software, particularly for Directory use. I wanted to find out if your in-link module supports sponsored links.

For example, within a category, we may wish to display a couple of sponsored links in a fancy box, followed by the normal alphabetical order of links.

Is this functionality available in this product or shall I look else where? Would be extremely grateful if someone could assist as I could not find any information regarding this on the website.

Thanks and regards
migs

Posted: 01/28/2005 1:53:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

migs wrote:01/28/2005 1:06:20 PM
Hi -

I am thinking of purchasing your in-portal software, particularly for Directory use. I wanted to find out if your in-link module supports sponsored links.

For example, within a category, we may wish to display a couple of sponsored links in a fancy box, followed by the normal alphabetical order of links.

Is this functionality available in this product or shall I look else where? Would be extremely grateful if someone could assist as I could not find any information regarding this on the website.

Thanks and regards
migs

Hello migs,

Thank you for your interest in our software. Let me explain what is already built-in in current In-link and parts which need a little customization work.

There are "Editor Pick" links which are pretty much the same as "Sponsored" links, which different naming. Any link in your In-link Directory can be marked/unmarked as "Editor Pick" link. There is a check-box in link properties for that. By default, all "Editor Pick" links well be displayed above the other normal links when browsing the catalog or search results. In other words, we already have the main functionality in place and all we would need to add is some template work in order to have an additional "fancy box" on above the normal listings in a category which will list our "Editor Pick" (same as "Sponsored&quot links for the current category.

Please email me directly to support@intechnic.com if you would be interested or need more information on this.

Thank you and looking forward to hear from you soon!