Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Suggestions: Some Icons are confusing / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Suggestions: Some Icons are confusing (8)

Posted: 01/25/2005 8:42:52 PM

Reply Quoted  

Although I'm sure you can get used to it after using it awhile - some of the new icons are a bit confusing.

Problem Icons:

Edit = Green Check Mark.

Right off a check mark means "Ok" "Yes" "Do It" But in the new system it seems to mean "Yes edit the one's i put a check box next to"

New Link = Flower on an Eye Ball Lid thingy

I have to keep reminding myself that means new link - However I think that what you need to do is stylalize common windows tool bar icons that mean new doc or edit etc.

The Flower on anything to represent "new" is too much of a flower rather than a Glimer or twinkle of newness.

This is meant to be constructive feedback - I think overall Inlink is very good looking most of the icons are perfect for where they are used. But the few above just don't fit in my view.

Also something that's bugged me since I've seen it. The in-portal logo really does not fit with the overall look of the product - I know we'll all change the logo for our own use - but again I don't think the logo is up to the same qaulity of 99% of the icons and in-portal graphics. Again constructive feed back.

-jer

Posted: 01/26/2005 9:34:24 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Jer,

Thank you for taking time and posting this feedback. I'll make sure to pass it to our designers, but can't promise anything.

To all other users - please post as much feedback as you can. We are open for discussion and we'll be glad to hear your opinions.

Thanks again.

[Edited By Dmitry on 01/26/05 9:39:44 AM]

Posted: 02/03/2005 6:11:05 PM

Reply Quoted  

God please let us have some tooltips ! :cry:

Posted: 02/04/2005 10:00:53 AM

Reply Quoted  

hj_barraza wrote:02/03/2005 6:11:05 PM
God please let us have some tooltips ! :cry:

We have a ToolTip for every single button!

What browser are you using? You need to install some plug-in in order to have them work on Mozilla based browsers. Sorry, but it's JavaScript limitation and there is no simple work around that.

Thanks.

Posted: 02/22/2005 10:25:20 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello everyone,

Just to let know that we are changing "Edit" icon to more intuitive one. It will be available in the next release.

Thanks.

Posted: 03/31/2005 12:00:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:02/22/2005 10:25:20 AM
Hello everyone,

Just to let know that we are changing "Edit" icon to more intuitive one. It will be available in the next release.

Thanks.

Hey Dmitry

Any word on the date for this

Anthony

Posted: 03/31/2005 10:56:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

Anthony wrote:03/31/2005 12:00:05 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Hey Dmitry

Anthony

Hello again,

I guess you are all waiting for the new release, but have you all read the manual?

Thanks.

Posted: 03/31/2005 2:52:56 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:03/31/2005 10:56:05 AM
Anthony wrote:03/31/2005 12:00:05 AM
Hello everyone,

Thanks.

Hey Dmitry

Anthony

Hello again,

I guess you are all waiting for the new release, but have you all read the manual?

Thanks.

I guess I missed this one.
What's different in the manual?
The current manual says it's updated for v1.04 and v3.04

Anthony