Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Users already using in-portal help? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Users already using in-portal help? (2)

Posted: 01/21/2005 8:02:06 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hey everyone,

Has anyone installed in-portal on a already existing site that gets traffic? I ask this becasue I rank really igh on my keywords and every since MSN has gone live I get allot of traffic now. Allot more than I've ever had. But I'm worried about switching over cause this may effect my rankings. I was wondering if anyone has experienced getting a lower ranking or do you think it will hurt my rankings at all? I think it will since the first page is very importany witth MSN, since they do not list all pages from your website. Or any suggestions are helpful too.

many thanks!

Posted: 01/23/2005 11:06:55 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

I am not very familiar with new technology what MSN SE uses to calculate the rankings, but I think you can start with checking what pages are getting properly spidered and then cached. I guess, you can place a small link to your beta (In-portal) site on the main/first page so bots can find it.

As you know usually the ranking is caclulated from your position in the web (links to/from other websites) plus propably some other factors.

Thank you.