Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / how easy to skin this baby??? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

how easy to skin this baby??? (7)

Posted: 01/12/2005 12:44:29 PM

Reply Quoted  

how about centering the viewable area for larger screens?

Posted: 01/12/2005 6:06:40 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

The In-portal is based on the templates system. Templates build from HTML/XHTML and In-portal tags. All you need to do is adjust/add a few attributes of main HTML tables and may be add some as well, but it would be a pretty easy task for someone who work with HTML at least a little.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/13/2005 5:16:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:01/12/2005 6:06:40 PM
Hello,

The In-portal is based on the templates system. Templates build from HTML/XHTML and In-portal tags. All you need to do is adjust/add a few attributes of main HTML tables and may be add some as well, but it would be a pretty easy task for someone who work with HTML at least a little.

Thank you.

Maybe you should do that, most sites that get stuck on the left side on bigger screens look incomplete

Posted: 01/13/2005 10:02:26 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Well, It is very easy to do and if you are planning to change/customize the look and feel of your In-portal, I am sure you'll be capable to manage that yourself. Please note, that we can post the instructions for that in FAQ section if it seems to be complicated for you.

Thanks

Posted: 01/15/2005 4:39:44 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:01/13/2005 10:02:26 AM
Hello,

Well, It is very easy to do and if you are planning to change/customize the look and feel of your In-portal, I am sure you'll be capable to manage that yourself. Please note, that we can post the instructions for that in FAQ section if it seems to be complicated for you.

Thanks

Dmitry,

I've centered all the tables, and I must agree with chas2u, it looks so much better now on larger screens.
Can't you implement this in the default themes?

Theo

Posted: 01/17/2005 1:12:20 PM

Reply Quoted  

Thpl wrote:01/15/2005 4:39:44 AM
Dmitry wrote:01/13/2005 10:02:26 AM
Hello,

Thanks

Dmitry,

I've centered all the tables, and I must agree with chas2u, it looks so much better now on larger screens.
Can't you implement this in the default themes?

Theo

Hello Theo,

Well, I understand that it look better better, but I can give at least one major reason why it would take more trouble for us to make all this changes in templates. Imagine if we make such a change (20 or more templates) in the next release, how easy for users would it be to update template to keep their existing work. That's why we only make necessary changes related to new functionalities or fixes.

I hope you understand that it's not hard to do for us, but we need to think about everyone. I believe it is very easy and minor change and users should be capable of making it themselves

Thank you.

Posted: 01/17/2005 2:00:21 PM

Reply Quoted  

I do understand it, Dmitry.
Thanks for the clarification.

Theo

[Edited By Thpl on 01/17/05 2:01:57 PM]