Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / how easy to integrate into ipb2??? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

how easy to integrate into ipb2??? (4)

Posted: 01/12/2005 12:42:01 PM

Reply Quoted  

sharing database, and rss

Posted: 01/12/2005 6:23:30 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello again,

I believe you are talking about Invision Power Board v2 (IPB2)? I don't recall we worked with IPB2 at all. Sorry for a stupid question is why integrate when you can have one centralized system with all main features. Of course, In-bulletin doesn't have all the features, but we'll get it there quickly enough.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/13/2005 5:13:38 AM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:01/12/2005 6:23:30 PM
Hello again,

I believe you are talking about Invision Power Board v2 (IPB2)? I don't recall we worked with IPB2 at all. Sorry for a stupid question is why integrate when you can have one centralized system with all main features. Of course, In-bulletin doesn't have all the features, but we'll get it there quickly enough.

Thank you.

How quickly enough is quickly enough???

secondly, costs; clients might like the centralised package and thats ok, but how do i explain to the boss why we need to spend on another forum package???

Posted: 01/13/2005 11:05:02 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Well, so far we were making releases pretty often and planning to keep it that way. Of course, we are not talking about weeks, but I am sure In-bulletin will be more competitive in a few months.

In terms of costs. From the implementation point it would take 5-7 times more time and resources to accomplish the integration, or you can have In-bulletin for $45.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.