Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Editing custom fields / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Editing custom fields (6)

Posted: 01/12/2005 7:16:51 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hi,
Can you explain what means the HEADING and FIELD PROMPT values in the custom fields option, if possible with an example? I'm not sure to understand its meaning.
Thanks.

Posted: 01/12/2005 6:41:26 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Manuel,

Sorry, I am not sure which TAG you are talking about. Would you please post that code here.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/12/2005 7:11:26 PM

Reply Quoted  

In the Control Panel, under Modules & Settings > In-Link > Custom Fields.> Administration Panel UI, there are five tags: Show on the general tab (which I dont understand also), Heading, Field Prompt, Input Type, List of Values.

Manuel

Posted: 01/13/2005 10:59:29 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hello Manuel,

I just added a new post under FAQ section with full explanation for this.

Thank you.

Posted: 01/13/2005 12:07:44 PM

Reply Quoted  

Nice. There is some information missing for the Field Prompt in the FAQ. I would suggest the inclusion of example to be more clear.

Is the following information correct for a custom field i created?

Field Id 4
Field Name: País
Field Label: lu_fieldcustom__País: País
[Administration Panel UI]
Show on the general tab (checked)
Heading : País
Field Prompt: la_pais
Input Type : dropdown
List of Values : Curacao=la_Curacao, República Dominicana=la_Republica_Dominicana, Puerto Rico=la_Puerto_Rico

Additional questions. (1) Should the dropdown be shown when I look at a link from the Admin Panel or it would only a value selected ( for example: País: Curacao)? I ask because when i go to the custom tab in the Catalog for editing a link, instead of a dropdown I se a text field. (2) How I create a not selected radio button? (3) How I create a checkbox?

Thanks.
Manuel

[Edited By manuel on 01/13/05 12:08:43 PM]

Posted: 01/14/2005 12:05:34 PM

Reply Quoted  

Hello,

Please refer to the screenshots and additional note that have added to the original FAQ post.

Thank you.