Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / add images? / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

add images? (3)

Posted: 12/28/2004 10:42:07 PM

Reply Quoted  

Ok...I have In-Portal and In-Link 3. I know how to manually upload images, but when a customer registers, don't they have the possibility to upload their own images? Is there something that needs to be enabled for this?

Posted: 12/29/2004 10:15:04 AM

Reply Quoted  

sparky wrote:12/28/2004 10:42:07 PM
Ok...I have In-Portal and In-Link 3. I know how to manually upload images, but when a customer registers, don't they have the possibility to upload their own images? Is there something that needs to be enabled for this?

Hey sparky,
Don't know if this will help or not, but check out this post ...
multiple images question

Anthony

Posted: 12/31/2004 1:04:26 AM

Reply Quoted  

Also, you need to make sure your image upload directory is writeable. For some reason, InPortal checks this on installation and never bothers checking again.

If your image upload directory is not writeable, the program will not complain, you just won't see your images.

This seems to be a lack of error handling or poor error handling. I know this is an early version so I guess it will be cleaned up sometime soon.

Honestly, I don't see how I could have gotten as far along in the setup process if I were not a developer myself.

On the same note, lets do give In-portal a hand for a job well done... lots of work went into this thing.