Intechnic
Users Developers
Home / Forums / In-Portal CMS / General In-Portal Discussions / Suggest Link / Topic Posts

In-Portal Forum

This is a place for users of In-Portal to ask questions, discuss various topics, and interact with other members of the In-Portal Community. Please report bugs through the Bugs Team (not the Forum). If you are interested in contributing or joining one of the many Teams for In-Portal, please check out the Contribute section of the website.

In-Portal Forum

Suggest Link (7)

Posted: 12/10/2004 1:39:57 PM

Reply Quoted  

How do I configure it so that if a user(member) suggests a link or category it emails me(the admin) for approval. Currently the links just get added when a member suggests one.

Posted: 12/10/2004 8:44:16 PM

Reply Quoted  

Cory,

You need to modify the permissions on your Directory category. Remove "Add Link" permission from the Members group, and add "Add Link Pending". This should do the trick

[Edited By Dmitry on 12/11/04 6:53:19 PM]

Posted: 12/13/2004 8:54:03 PM

Reply Quoted  

Dmitry wrote:12/10/2004 8:44:16 PM
Cory,

You need to modify the permissions on your Directory category. Remove "Add Link" permission from the Members group, and add "Add Link Pending". This should do the trick

[Edited By Dmitry on 12/11/04 6:53:19 PM]

I can't find a way to actually do that...under Community Groups Member Permission Permission type front end: the only option is log in. I don't see a way to add or delete permissions?

Posted: 12/14/2004 2:22:05 AM

Reply Quoted  

Cory,

Directory permissions are managed under Structure & Data -> Catalog. Select "Directory" and click Edit on the toolbar, then go to Permissions tab, select Member and click Edit, then click on " In-Portal". Now make sure that Add Category [CATEGORY.ADD] is disabled (shows red circle on the right) and Add Pending Category [CATEGORY.ADD.PENDING] is enabled (green circle). Then click Save. If you have In-News and In-Bulletin installed, you would need to repeat the same steps for News and Forums directories in the catalog.

[Edited By kostja on 12/14/04 2:22:29 AM]

Posted: 12/14/2004 8:43:58 AM

Reply Quoted  

Hey thanks!

That seems to work. The only thing now is to get it to email me(administrator) when a member suggests a category/link/topic. I don't want it to email the member.

I have this for category pending:

Add Pending Category User Disabled <-- when this is enabled the member gets an email with a blank body
Add Pending Category Admin Front-end Only <-- admin never gets an email when a member adds a category

[Edited By Cory on 12/14/04 10:15:58 AM]

Posted: 01/21/2005 8:03:18 AM

Reply Quoted  

How do you trigger an email to the admin if a new link was added for review/validation?
I don't wanna be checking every day, so would be nice to be informed if links are added.

Posted: 01/21/2005 11:19:36 AM

Reply Quoted  

Timothy wrote:01/21/2005 8:03:18 AM
How do you trigger an email to the admin if a new link was added for review/validation?
I don't wanna be checking every day, so would be nice to be informed if links are added.

Hello,

I'll look into that and let you know shortly.

Thank you.